Photography- one photo a day

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
33e166a726542b5d6bdee02b20eb9213.jpg

jspradley

WKR
I just recently bought my first halfway decent camera (Sony A6000) and this thread is incredibly inspirational!! Great stuff here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
A6000 for me too, the black bear and elk were 80 to 100 yards with the 55-210 lens. It's a good camera but apparently the lense options hold it back. Rokslide costs you a lot of money because someone else always has a fancier toy and then you want one too! Camera gear adds up quick$ I am a novice at photography also, first decent camera I've ever had. I don't shoot RAW only jpeg wouldn't know what to edit if I tried. So there is probably still improvements in image quality:) Maybe someday

Last edited:
COlineman, any chance you were hiking Quandary this past Sunday? I saw a guy with a Fusion 22 mag, First Light clothes, and MTN Ops hat and said to myself, "I bet this guy is a fellow Rokslider!".

I was... sort of a 4th of July tradition to hit it up before sitting by the pool and drinking beer. We were going to hit it Saturday but the lightning in the forecast forced us to push it off. Luckily the clouds broke enough right when I hit the top enough to get some cool pictures. Did you see me on the way up or the way down?

Carlin59

WKR
I was... sort of a 4th of July tradition to hit it up before sitting by the pool and drinking beer. We were going to hit it Saturday but the lightning in the forecast forced us to push it off. Luckily the clouds broke enough right when I hit the top enough to get some cool pictures. Did you see me on the way up or the way down?

You were coming down. I took my sister and 60 year old dad from WI up, and we were cruising at a speedy 1mph moving average. I had 50lbs in my EMRII so they didn't have to carry anything besides trekking poles, but it was still a painfully slow pace. I had plenty of time to observe everyone else on the mountain as I waited for them every few yards. By the way, your Fusion blended in really well in that terrain!

Young brown bear in the next door neighbors yard. Thanks to this dipshit leaving his trash out, this bear will be put to death real soon. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of my next door neighbor.
b63ba305b8fc862a48e1c51f129865fa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk