Bipod Shootout Review, By Justin Crossley (and win one of three bipods!)

dotman

WKR
Justin, which will you run this year? The Javalin is very interesting, I have a snipe pod and think it is similar in function as the Javalin, except the Javalin has thicker legs.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to use the Evolution when I'm not really deep in the backcountry. My son will be using the Javelin on his .243 this year.

1d98099034c8fb4f93649154823c0702.jpg

ofl0926

WKR
Would you say each bipod has a different application? Different field conditions for one vs another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
Would you say the Spartan Precision is as "sturdy" shooting prone as compared to anot Atlas or Evo? The 5.7 oz is awesome, as the micro sized pic rail adapter. Being able to change legs for yote calling is also great.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Would you say each bipod has a different application? Different field conditions for one vs another?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I kinda talked about that at the end of the article. For something like long range competition I really like the Evolution. For someone who maybe doesn't shoot a ton I would recommend the Blackhawk or Harris because I think they are simpler to understand and use in the heat of the moment. The Atlas is also fairly simple and very sturdy. The EOL is great if you want something lightweight, sturdy, and versatile for different prone shots you might find in the mountains. It's not quite as simple though for someone who doesn't shoot a bunch. The Javelin is pretty awesome as an all around extremely light bipod. It's simple enough that I'm going to use it on my 10 year old son's rifle this year for his first time deer hunting. I really like that I can keep it off the rifle for when he is hiking, and just pop it on when he's ready to shoot. Hopefully that answers your question. Let me know if I missed anything.

Would you say the Spartan Precision is as "sturdy" shooting prone as compared to anot Atlas or Evo? The 5.7 oz is awesome, as the micro sized pic rail adapter. Being able to change legs for yote calling is also great.

Like I mentioned on Hunt-WA, I wouldn't say that it's as sturdy as those two, but I also didn't have any issue shooting it at longer ranges. This is my favorite setup for coyote hunting as well. There are only two sorta negatives with this bipod from my oint of view.

1. They are expensive for most working man budgets.
2. Having to have a special mount is kinda a pain, although it's also what makes it work so well....

MtnMuley

WKR
Thanks. I'm going to call Spartan Precision tomorrow. They include your choice of mounts, but pic rail isn't one. If they include that instead of one of the other 3, it'll be a go. Your non-biased reviews are appreciated here.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. I'm going to call Spartan Precision tomorrow. They include your choice of mounts, but pic rail isn't one. If they include that instead of one of the other 3, it'll be a go. Your non-biased reviews are appreciated here.
Did you contact them? I'm curious what they said about including the pic rail mount as an option?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey. Sorry I haven't posted yet. I was on a quick scout trip and wouldn't be able to monitor the thread. I'm home now and will have the three winners posted by Thurs Aug 25 4:00 PM. MTN time. Winners will have till Friday 10:00 AM to respond or I'll redraw for unclaimed spots, then we'll let first and second choose their bipod. (See post #1 if ?) Hopefully you're subscribed but wanted to give everyone a heads up.

b0nes

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the heads up, I was beginning to think it would all go down this weekend while I was scouting.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
IT'S TIME:

I used random.org to draw from the first 50 qualified entries, and drew from 1st place to 3rd place:

1st: Josh Wright- he listed the EOL as his first choice, so that one's gone

2nd: Kupper- listed the EOL, but that went to first place, so he has until 10:00 AM Friday 8/26 to choose from either the Evolution or the Harris

3rd: Flashgordon- who also listed the EOL (which was the most common vote if you're wondering) but will have to take either the Evolution or the Harris depending on what Kupper takes.

Winners must respond with post on here (we like lots of emotion, "thanks", and just general flipping out because you landed some Rokslide-worthy gear) and PM (with shipping info) to me by 10:00 AM Friday 8/26 or I redraw for that slot.

FYI, whoever responds is in line for the next slot up in the event that one is vacated by a non-responder; example: #2 doesn't respond, his slot will be filled by #3, and I'll redraw for that vacated third slot.

Last edited: