2017 Washington Rondy

7mag.

WKR
It's about time to start planning our annual Washington Rokslide Rondy. Should we go to Pete Lake again, or try a new spot? Seems like early June has worked best in the past, any ideas?

colersu22

WKR
I really want to make it to this years rondy, seems like a ton of cool people and a great chance to check out gear.

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
I haven't received any feedback yet, so I'm planning a trip on the weekend of June 3-4. Destination TBD. I'll probably head in with my son on Friday afternoon, depending on where we decide to go. Everyone is welcome, and let me know if you have any ideas on location. I would prefer a hike in trip.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'll try to keep that weekend open and attend if I can. The lake I took my son to last year would be a great choice but it's not a backpack deal.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I like the backpack thing but car camping is nice too so we can do some shooting. And usually more gear is available to check out if we don't have to pack it in.

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
That's not a bad idea, Greg. Any ideas on a hike in location? Packwood lake would be fun, but it's not exactly convenient for every one.

Clarktar

WKR
Twin lakes up near glacier WA could be fun. Can usually drive up to the lakes, or get very close during summer. Lots of options around the lakes for day hikes etc... Old Fire lookout on top of Winchester mountain that we could try to cram into also if folks wanted to go that route. The lakes are at the base of winchester mountain

48.953063, -121.636042

Twin lakes up near glacier WA could be fun. Can usually drive up to the lakes, or get very close during summer. Lots of options around the lakes for day hikes etc... Old Fire lookout on top of Winchester mountain that we could try to cram into also if folks wanted to go that route. The lakes are at the base of winchester mountain

48.953063, -121.636042

Lots of places to go hiking around there, and its in my back yard.

Clarktar

WKR
Totally. It's only a few miles from one of my properties which we could use as a meeting place off needed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JayPee

FNG
I'll be in again this year, just need to lock in the weekend on my schedule. We will most likely be a facing quite a bit more snowpack this year if this winter keeps up

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
I'll be in again this year, just need to lock in the weekend on my schedule. We will most likely be a facing quite a bit more snowpack this year if this winter keeps up

That's a great point Joe. Maybe we should look at lower elevations.