AK Draw Results

One more year of striking out on a sheep tag but both my son and I drew another Kodiak goat tag, my son also drew a local youth moose tag, and I drew a local moose tag, so not a complete failure. I sure do love hunting the beast a color of winter, on the Rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ray

WKR
If I recall a drunken conversation from this last christmas, if nobody in the group drew a sheep tag, then we walk in to someplace in the Wrangles or the slope. Wish my buddy hadn't broken is plane to a point he can't afford to fix it. I need to get busy...but there is the potential for a group nelchina trophy caribou hunt as three of us were drawn.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I only put in for Musk Ox. No tag.

I'm bear hunting this spring with my son before he heads off to college, and will deer hunt on Kodiak if I don't draw my AZ elk tag.

oenanthe

WKR
Nothing for me - haven't drawn anything in the last decade except for a single caribou permit.

But I'm not complaining too much - I've drawn DCUA 3 times total.

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
Well I'll go ahead and play. The draw Gods were on my side this year! Most excited about heading back to the Emerald island looking for a big ol boar! Next will be any bull moose on a fairly local river and finally a caribou tag in unit 13. God AK is an awesome place. Feeling very blessed today! DB237,DM540 and DC485

Well I'll go ahead and play. The draw Gods were on my side this year! Most excited about heading back to the Emerald island looking for a big ol boar! Next will be any bull moose on a fairly local river and finally a caribou tag in unit 13. God AK is an awesome place. Feeling very blessed today! DB237,DM540 and DC485

Right on Mike, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
Sounds like a number of you guys drew some great tags this year! Congrats! I'm at the mercy of my BIL so hopefully he's willing to use some of his precious vacation time to take me mtn goat hunting. I've been fortunate to draw some great tags the last few years! Good luck to everyone that drew!

14a sheep early season and as an extra bonus 20a caribou. I feel like I won the lottery. I was shaking so bad when I saw results I had to sit down. First time I've pulled a tag. My wife probably won't see me this August.
Pulling these tags gave me motivation to finally get signed up on the site. Been a creeper for too many years!

Which 14A tag did you draw? I used to hunt that back before it was draw.

20A holds some of the most biggest caribou bulls I've ever seen. They are spread fairly thin, but I've watched quite a few walk while wishing I had that tag!

290. My sister lives up there and is part mountain goat.
Our plan was to take a borrowed raft across mat and hike up.
Yellow-if you have any advice I will listen to whatever you suggest. Not sure if I can get PMs yet.
For the caribou tag I am guessing we will need to fly in.
Still in shock and have so much research to do still.

Can't help with DS290. Haven't been into those drainages. 20A caribou is usually best as a fly-in, but can be hunted both via hiking in and ATV to some degree. If you want to fly in, you need to be booking it ASAP... transporter options are limited in the interior.

Daniel_M

WKR
Delta Sheep, flying in. Very excited. Time to start kicking through my gear, making new additions and losing a few pounds.

Last edited:

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
Hey USMC99, I drew the tag as well! It'll also be mine and my buddies first trip. Would you want to go over equipment? Idk how much you know of the area? What air service are you using? We are most likely flying in with Mike Meekin