Boxer briefs

ChadSchu

FNG
I know a lot of guys don't want to talk about thier underwear but I am trying to find a good warm style of boxer briefs that are not cotton for deer hunting. I am sitting in a treestand all day. Want to know of recommendations.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I know a lot of guys don't want to talk about thier underwear but I am trying to find a good warm style of boxer briefs that are not cotton for deer hunting. I am sitting in a treestand all day. Want to know of recommendations.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
First Lite merino boxers, love them for hunting. Keeps the funk down to almost zero!

BCSteel

FNG
I have several pairs of icebreaker merino boxer briefs in different weights. Best clothing purchases I've ever made.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Gutpile

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite and Sitka merinos are great, I have them both. Heard awesome things about ice breaker but I haven't tried any.

Dobermann

WKR
I've personally found First Lite to be more robust than Icebreaker, but YMMV.

I'm probably also a little jaded since I first bought Icebreaker gear 20 years ago, and their quality, at least in my personal experience, has dropped. So First Lite for me.

Bughalli

WKR
First lite here as well. Tough to say if you would notice a difference doing day hunts in a stand for deer, but you certainly would for multi-day backpack hunts.

Like Bughalli said above, you won't notice your underwear choice sitting in a stand all day.

Sitting in a stand your boxers are not going to be where your warmth comes from. Merino boxers are made for heat regulation while on the move. You need to be looking for a good insulated bottom layer. I sat in a stand in WI for 25 years. Good insulated clothing is what you need.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
lightweight and midweight merino boxers from Ibex (they hold up better than Smartwool ones I had) depending on conditions- for long days (and multi-days) afield nothing better than merino :)

Speeddmn

FNG
If stand hunting, don't worry about them. Get some insulated pants instead. I wear the UA spandex style. They keep the junk in place and breath. Not to mention the elastic waistbands have lasted much longer than my old fruit of the looms/hanes cotton style briefs.

I would look into some zip off style puffy pants if you don't plan to be active. Also quality thick merino base layers. I think first lite even makes a shot pant type that dosent do all the way to you ankles, seems like a decent idea since we usually wear thicker socks....

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
I just use Buck Naked underwear from Duluth Trading Company. The most comfortable underwear I have ever used and treated for odor.

jpuckett

Lil-Rokslider
I love the FL merino boxer briefs. If I got rich the first thing I would do is buy 10 pairs of them. I love em that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm odd. I never liked boxers because I hate my junk being against my leg, so I always wore briefs. I figured that once I started hunting out west, and the amount of walking I'd be doing, I needed some boxers in case I got chaffed. So I bought a pair of SAXX brand boxer briefs that are 100% merino wool. Best boxers ever. They are crazy comfortable.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MtGoat

FNG
I like the Under Armour 6" boxer briefs.
They really help prevent chafing.

It looks like I may need to look at a form fitting merino wool boxer brief judging from the comments above.

Pat

I've tried several brands and I think my favorites are from Cabelas Icebreaker... Several of the other brands I have tried have been extremely tight on the quads. The Icebreakers are more of loose fit.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Minus 33 makes a great merino boxer also. Very comfortable waistband.