Welcome Rugged Stitching, Rokslide Sponsor

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You've seen Adam Podleski (pods8) on the forums. With a knack for custom backpack pockets and accessories, he's here to help Roksliders with making their backpack exactly as they want it.

Members have given good feedback on his work and we're glad to welcome Rugged Stitching as an official Rokslide Sponsor.

You can reach Adam at [email protected], PM to pods8 (http://www.rokslide.com/forums/members/6902.html), or just watch for him on the forums.

Here's a little blurb he sent me about his operation and a few photos of his personal MR NICE day frame packs with his custom work:

"If you have something unique you want made that is my ideal niche. I personally use a MR NICE frame so that is what I am familiar with. I can make things for other frames/packs/belts if you communicate to me the attachment points we are working with. Pretty much everything is a one off so if you have something in mind ask for that so you get exactly what you want versus assuming there are standard dimensions or features you need to stick with. Keep in mind I’m just one guy sewing a bit in the evenings so I can only do so much/so fast.”

attachment.php
attachment.php

Randle

WKR
Great to see this addition, with my "It aint mine til its modified" mentallity , I have some Ideas already. He does great work from the pictures

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Also can vouch for his work I have a fantastic little rangefinder pouch made by pod its one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Howdy, glad to be on board.

Some are familiar with me already on here, but for new eyes I can custom sew a variety of 500D items if you have something unique you want made. Lets avoid requests to replicate something already on the market please (you can use something as a talking point in your design request but if you literally want that exact product then please go to the source for it). I’m mainly working in 500D type materials (there are others out there setup to work on tents, etc. so use them :) ). Base fabric colors I have on hand: coyote, foliage, highlander, and orange. For thread/webbing/binding/buckles/zippers/etc. I’m mainly stocked in coyote (see below it works well with foliage in my opinion). I’m using T70 bonded nylon thread, ITW buckles, and YKK zippers.

Email ([email protected]) or PM is ideal, please mention you found me via rokslide if you email me. Paypal is my preferred payment to keep things simple. Generally I don’t collect funds until I have completed your items.

Here are some other examples of things I’ve made:

Load sling (NICE frame setup), foliage w/ coyote trim and orange backing panel:
ozzUCGhl.jpg

7x4x2 belt pocket and shock cord Nalgene holder:
Xe0vcvHl.jpg

Side pockets w/ 2” spacing to thread buckles through:
MeJ6BKHl.jpg

Last edited:
Do you need a special size/shape/feature?

Just looking for another option other than Kifaru or Kuiu with reasonable shipping. They seem to be a really hot Item on here.

I might be in for one of those belt pouches in the future. I'm guessing they'll fit Kifaru packs?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Honestly I'd go with a thinner material for a pullout personally than 500d unless you needed a really hard wearing one for a specific purpose.

Yeah the 7x4x2 pocket will fit belts with PALS as a base design, mounting noted below to fit belts that are 1" between rows of PALS and also belts that are 2" between rows of PALS. If making some other custom size I just need to know the H1, H2, H3, W1, W2 dimensions on the sketch.

I can also do a channel on the back of the pocket to put a strap through like I'm told EXO packs are set up for instance.

h8J31rjl.jpg

Last edited:

FlyGuy

WKR
I'd be interested in a custom holster for a Delorme Inreach (original size, not the new model). I'm not aware of anything like this on the market? I hate the clip that is built into the unit. Was thinking of using a kifaru belt pouch, but since that would fully enclose the unit I'm afraid it won't get good reception. I just ordered a kifaru 24" hunter frame, but it has not arrived. I can PM you in a few weeks once it gets here with whatever measurements you might need. Would like it to either attach to the belt and/or the shoulder strap.

I have a new MR Guide Light frame. Willing to have you craft a load sling to fit it. I can provide any images, details and measurements you'd like. Ready to roll and will follow your lead.

Nice to see you marketing your skills and products here. KD

Is there a way to make a loadsling for a nice frame act as a load shelf and be able to attach the main bag to the loadsling and then to the frame? A la stone glacier.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a new MR Guide Light frame. Willing to have you craft a load sling to fit it. I can provide any images, details and measurements you'd like. Ready to roll and will follow your lead.

Nice to see you marketing your skills and products here. KD

Kevin, I am under the impression the attachments on the two frames are the same (except the build in load lifters on the guidelight). Only other difference is it appears there are ladderlocs on that frame for where the lower straps hook into versus buckles (I'd just include the buckles so it can be used on a NICE as well and you can take them off). On the NICE frame there is ~7" between the inside edges of the side straps, the general sling design I default to I put 9" between those straps (a bit of upward pull on the bottom), that sound fine from your on hands impression? What color?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is there a way to make a loadsling for a nice frame act as a load shelf and be able to attach the main bag to the loadsling and then to the frame? A la stone glacier.

I'm guessing we are talking an older pack w/o a beaver tail? Could add buckles onto the sling to clip a bag into but keep in mind when nothing is in the sling things would be sloppy since there is deadspace in how much you can tighten things up due to the buckle bodies. I had one request to add some loop wings onto a sling to slip the lower corner frame straps through (to the bag) to create a beaver tail when used with the pack. Not sure if that serves the purpose you had in mind?

1lwwhEJl.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin, I am under the impression the attachments on the two frames are the same (except the build in load lifters on the guidelight). Only other difference is it appears there are ladderlocs on that frame for where the lower straps hook into versus buckles (I'd just include the buckles so it can be used on a NICE as well and you can take them off). On the NICE frame there is ~7" between the inside edges of the side straps, the general sling design I default to I put 9" between those straps (a bit of upward pull on the bottom), that sound fine from your on hands impression? What color?

Sending you a PM....

Trial153

WKR
Ditto on the load sling for the guide lite frame . I will take one as well. I am also looking for a grab it type set up for the same frame going over a pintler