My 2017 Wisconsin Turkey Hunt

Follow along during my 2017 Wisconsin turkey hunt. My season starts May 10th and goes through May 16th. The way Wisconsin's spring season is set up is that there are 6 different time periods with each one lasting approximately a week. When you apply in the fall you put down your preference of what time period you prefer.

Follow along as I update during scouting expeditions and then my season when it starts on May 10th. Btw this will be completely DIY and on public land.

Last edited:
OP
C
Thanks northern piker. I'll be putting together a video once my season starts. Hopefully can get a kill on camera!

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
I got one opening day . 11 inch beard, 24 pounder. Shotgun at 44 yards. Little farther than what I wanted. I was racing out of woods because my son's basement was flooded and he gobbled. 4 calling sequences and it was lights out. 2nd year in a row got one on opening day, both times 15 minutes late getting in woods and no prior scouting but it is on my private land and not much changes in what birds do.

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
Loved your video and looking forward to following your progress. Turkey hunting videos are some of the best out there. Good luck.