SJK 2.0 Bounty Backpack Review, by Matt Cashell

NDGuy

WKR
Amazon has the bounty 4500 in mandrake for I think 129.00. The 4500 is the older model of the 2.0. May be worth a look and more than half off.

I've heard horrid things on that pack so I am going to steer clear. The 2.0 came out very soon after the 4500 to address complaints is what I heard.

Floorguy

WKR
I've heard horrid things on that pack so I am going to steer clear. The 2.0 came out very soon after the 4500 to address complaints is what I heard.
What were the complaints on the original 4500?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

puck60

FNG
I purchased the Bounty 4500 at Amazon for 129.00 and have no complaints. It hauls everything I need and then some.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody have any updates or additional reviews on this pack?

I was really wanting to get my hands on one of these but no one seems to carry them around here.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anybody have any updates or additional reviews on this pack?

I was really wanting to get my hands on one of these but no one seems to carry them around here.
If you have a sportsman's Warehouse near you they carry alot of slumberjack stuff, maybe they can order it in so you can try before you buy?

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Good call. There is one a few miles away that I've stopped into two or three times to see if they had one but no luck yet. I'll talk to a manager and see what they can do. Thanks!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone comment on how well it compresses in day pack mode?

Can anyone comment on how well it compresses in day pack mode?

It compresses down pretty decent. At least the 4500, the predecessor to the 2.0. I will have to find the picture to show it. I've hunted with the whole thing on Day hunts and I've used the little detachable
" daypack". Both are nice I think, for a 200 dollar pack.

Thank you for taking the time to review this pack! Curious if you tried strapping a bow to it? Also my torso length is 19.5, 1.5 to spare according to the spec's. Would this be a situation where I would lose some effectiveness from the load lifters?
I don't really know what my torso length is. I'm 6.2 , 215 right now down from 245. I have been hiking with a 60 pound bag on the frame with my pack. The total weight is right at 78 pounds. I will say about 5 miles in I start to feel it in my shoulders. I'm good but as I sweat the lumbar pad seems to start to slip and then causes it to pull on my shoulders. It however may be something I'm doing and I haven't adjusted right or it may be that I have no ass. Or the lumbar pad is to small or so on. I'm not sure at this point.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I said screw it and pulled the trigger. I was able to get it for about $230 off amazon. It should be here Friday. I'll report back once I've had some time with it.

Tsnider

WKR
i used the original for 2 seasons, did pretty good. the first one i had got ripped when i found a moose skull and carried it out between the frame and the bag. i emailed SJK to let them know they might want to beef up the material on the frame since it ripped so easy. they had me cut the shoulder straps off and take a photo, and then sent me a brand new bag to replace it. pretty good customer service.

this year i spent a ton on new hunting gear, so a kifaru was in the lineup. otherwise id still be using it.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking of picking one of the SJK packs up, either the 4500 or the new 2.0 version. Big price difference, so I called SJK to figure out if the 2.0 upgrade was worth it. The guy on the phone did not seem to really know the packs. I asked about the weight difference, he said one had more padding than the other, but he did not seem very sure.

Anyway, trying to figure out which to choose, my question for those with the 4500, the side pockets look significantly smaller than the larger side pocket on the new one. The review posted suggested that the 85mm spotter will fit barely into the 2.0's pocket. Can you fit a full size spotter in the side pockets of the 4500, or is it too short to put in and zip shut?

Thanks!

The 4500 has a big pocket on both sides. They are approximately 16 inches tall by 6 wide. I can fit my mountain smith mountain shelter lt in it with room left over. The other side I put my helinox ( knock off brand) and my water filter and some odds and ends. The 2.0 to the best of my knowledge has one big one and the other side has 2 smaller pockets. I hope that helps but I don't use a spotter here in NC so I'm not real familiar with how big your scope is.