2017 Montana Drawing

Tony8108

FNG
Thanks for clarifying that. My buddy put in for permit and general tag. He got denied all. Curious if they are they are going to have extra elk or combo tags.

ndbuck09

WKR
Yes what Okbow said. With the automatic refund, they classify it on their website as "unsuccessful" when I expected to see it listed in some other area rather than that.

So for a time I was concerned because we hadn't checked the box to buy the point for the general part of the draw. I was concerned that they had more applications than tag allocation for Non residents. If this were to happen and I hadn't paid the extra for the general tag draw point, I wouldn't get a point and would thus have 0 for next year while some would have 1, theoretically putting me behind statistically.

According to them, it is indeed like all the past years where they have some leftover tags.

Brendan

WKR
Thanks for clarifying that. My buddy put in for permit and general tag. He got denied all. Curious if they are they are going to have extra elk or combo tags.

This has already been answered.

There are extra Elk Combo tags that will go on sale first come first serve.

Big Game Combo Tags are sold Out. Deer Combo Tags are sold out. That doesn't mean you have 0% chance at getting these - some will get turned in and re-sold by MT FW&P but there's no way to tell how many or when (I think it's on a weekly basis up until you can't turn them in anymore). You can call MT FW&P to see if you can get on a waiting list for these if you want them.

GFY

Lil-Rokslider
How is that even possible. The way I understand it you have to have the general tag drawn before you can even be put in the permit drawing?? Two separate drawings.

I'm not sure how this worked but I know it did, happened to my brother in law. And he still hasn't got a strait answer from the fish and duck. I would think that they will be in a world of shit if guys that drew permits were not given their tags but would also think that guys who drew tags but no permit would have a legit bitch too.... what a mess

Flatgo

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe this finally proves the montana system is rigged? Seems like there are people who draw special permits in Montana and then there are people who don't. I know to many people who draw a moose and a goat tag in the same year. Or draw a 380 elk tag and a sheep tag in the same year. Or draw the big 3 in a few years span putting in for the hardest draw districts. The odds of winning the lottery have to be better. Just makes a guy wonder if there is something screwed up in there drawing algorithm?

Aubs8

FNG
I was one of the lucky ones this year also... was initially unsuccessful on Big Game Combo... later drew the limited Elk Permit.... then later was "successful" on the Big Game Combo which was "released"... still says my Mule Deer permit is "pending"....

Technically I should have never drew the permit because I didn't initially draw the license... I am thankful the mistake was made. :)

mtmuley

WKR
Maybe this finally proves the montana system is rigged? Seems like there are people who draw special permits in Montana and then there are people who don't. I know to many people who draw a moose and a goat tag in the same year. Or draw a 380 elk tag and a sheep tag in the same year. Or draw the big 3 in a few years span putting in for the hardest draw districts. The odds of winning the lottery have to be better. Just makes a guy wonder if there is something screwed up in there drawing algorithm?

Believe in ghosts too? You can't actually think the system is rigged, can you? Proves NOTHING. Yep, there are people in Montana that draw, and those that don't. Those that don't post crap like you did. mtmuley

BH107

FNG
You can bet that they will not release all of the turned in tags to cover those who got permits without drawing tags.

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
Newbie here planning for 2018, can i buy a PP later to help my chances of getting a general tag for next year?

Also should i try for a general combo or a general deer tag? I'm only looking to mulie hunt.

jonny5

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my general elk combo online this morning...can't wait for my first elk hunt in Montana!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk