SJK 2.0 Bounty Backpack Review, by Matt Cashell

Just out of curiosity, what is the height of the frame? My brother in law might be in the market for a pack for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I get home I'll measure. I'm on my last day of pulling a 72 hour at the station right now.

EastMT

WKR
I wanted a barneys frame pack really bad but did not have the cash to blow 7-800 on the full system. I purchased the full frame for under 300, ordered an Alps Mountaneering bag for $45, $20 on pins to attach, and it's unreal. All of the grommets do not line up, but enough for me. A full frame pack with this support at this price is awesome. The suspension is great. I have packed it full with 10 day sheep hunt supplies and still have room left.

593a1dac97904d09e3be16c61570a7bd.jpg

Rifle is not mounted in the carrier, nor is tent for the bottom area.

When I get home I'll measure. I'm on my last day of pulling a 72 hour at the station right now.

Sorry guys. I got side tracked and forgot I said I'd measure the frame on the bounty. It is 25 inches tall. I have my shoulder strap yolk at about 20 inches and it seems to work pretty well for me. I had it at like 19 and was getting some pull on my shoulders but I raised it some and I think I fixed my issue.

Matt, what kind of rifle carrier accessory did you attach to your pack. I really like this pack, but I would like my rifle to be a little more accessible..

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody have any ideas on how you're strapping a bow to this pack?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Matt, what kind of rifle carrier accessory did you attach to your pack. I really like this pack, but I would like my rifle to be a little more accessible..

Sorry I missed this before, AKO, but if you’re still wondering I use the Kifaru Universal Gun Bearer.

adamm88

WKR
Bump to this thread,

Anyone ever attach a guide lid to the slumberjack frame? Im looking for a setup for next year so i dont have to use the huge main bag for a day pack but need alittle more space than just the small bag. Any thoughts?

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Another bump to this thread...

Anybody with more experiences or thoughts to add to this thread? Spring bear hunters, perhaps?

I don't have a dealer anywhere near me so it's tough to try before I buy.

Handled a deer, bow, and a day's worth of gear and water just fine.
a119dfeb0b76b7e743948eb525bf0e9d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Another bump to this thread...

Anybody with more experiences or thoughts to add to this thread? Spring bear hunters, perhaps?

I don't have a dealer anywhere near me so it's tough to try before I buy.
Where are you located? I'm in nw wi

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk