Kifaru Fulcrum

I plan on running it just like Aron had it in the Facebook video, 3 on the bottom, 2 on the native lid, and I'm going to run one on the waist belt. This pack is a North Country bag, big with lots of options. I'm really digging the side wing pockets with the stretchy material on the inside for stuffing stuff in there that's needs to be accessed quick or often, and how they don't get cinched up with the main bag straps.

Looks to be another home run fellas! Good work Kifaru! I hope to be posting pics of the fulcrum stuffed full with a big ol' Alberta Ram in just over a month!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Glad to hear that. I'm a 36-38 waist and was debating on what size to get. Definitely going with a Medium after hearing your experiences

Yeah it's cool they are fixing it. Would have been cooler if 800 dollars bought a bit of quality control. I asked them twice if was M and the sent an L. I should be using it right now but now I don't have a pack. Sort of ruined my big summer trip.

I know mistakes happened but I checked twice with them to be sure and it was still wrong. Luckily this wasn't just sort of a training trip, not a real hunting trip. My buddies are using their new packs and I'm using a shitty 20 year old black diamond daypack.

All that being said (just venting a bit), I still think their packs are the best, I have another order from them coming already and I've already informed my wife I'm buying a 14er pack and a slick bag. I know this can happen with any company and I guess it's just as much my fault for not calling them sooner.

I'll also add, I'm with my buddies in Cody Wyoming right now and they are resting because they have a lot of work over the next few days, I'm drinking beer because my pack is going to be like 10lbs. Saw like 200 antelope as well driving through Wyoming which made me forget about it all.

Last edited:

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah it's cool they are fixing it. Would have been cooler if 800 dollars bought a bit of quality control. I asked them twice if was M and the sent an L. I should be using it right now but now I don't have a pack. Sort of ruined my big summer trip.

I know mistakes happened but I checked twice with them to be sure and it was still wrong. Luckily this wasn't just sort of a training trip, not a real hunting trip. My buddies are using their new packs and I'm using a shitty 20 year old black diamond daypack.

All that being said (just venting a bit), I still think their packs are the best, I have another order from them coming already and I've already informed my wife I'm buying a 14er pack and a slick bag. I know this can happen with any company and I guess it's just as much my fault for not calling them sooner.

I'll also add, I'm with my buddies in Cody Wyoming right now and they are resting because they have a lot of work over the next few days, I'm drinking beer because my pack is going to be like 10lbs. Saw like 200 antelope as well driving through Wyoming which made me forget about it all.

What you doing in Cody?! That's where I'm at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
1909ac965aa44006ad285e83f3d450c9.jpg

Fulcrum and Reckoning loaded up for a video review tomorrow! Should have it up tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning on the Rokslide YouTube. Will post it here too

Last edited:

Olson

Lil-Rokslider
1909ac965aa44006ad285e83f3d450c9.jpg

Fulcrum and Reckoning loaded up for a video review tomorrow! Should have it up tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning on the Rokslide YouTube. Will post it here too

Looking forward to it. Won't get my Fulcrum until the 2nd week of August and want more content about it in the mean time!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What you doing in Cody?! That's where I'm at.

We came up to go to yellowstone for a few days before heading back to AK. I was hoping to do all my hiking with my loaded up fulcrum but that's a. O go. Cody is a cool place.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up my fulcrum and hunters frame last week and am just now putting it together. I might be missing something but it looks like there are only two connection points, the side belt straps and the top portion that slides over the frame. Is that it? I know there are the two compression straps that wrap around the center bag (or bag and wings) but they don't actually connect the bag to the frame.

Those of you with fulcrums, did you connect it like this? have you found it's enough support with a decent load?

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picked up my fulcrum and hunters frame last week and am just now putting it together. I might be missing something but it looks like there are only two connection points, the side belt straps and the top portion that slides over the frame. Is that it? I know there are the two compression straps that wrap around the center bag (or bag and wings) but they don't actually connect the bag to the frame.

Those of you with fulcrums, did you connect it like this? have you found it's enough support with a decent load?
Correct. Yes it's enough.

Truhunter

Lil-Rokslider
There should be 2 three bar sliders on the bottom of the bag that go through the plastic common loops on the bottom of the frame.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
There should be 2 three bar sliders on the bottom of the bag that go through the plastic common loops on the bottom of the frame.

X2 on this. But yes it's definitely enough.

Just placed the order for my fulcrum! Also picked up a few medium pockets and a water bottle holder. Fingers crossed that it gets here in time for my hunt.

Anyone have a picture with a bow strapped to the back? Do I need a pocket or grab-it for the bottom cam, or will the horizontal straps be enough to hold it in place? I wonder if the gun bearer would work for the bottom cam....

Tsnider

WKR
Just placed the order for my fulcrum! Also picked up a few medium pockets and a water bottle holder. Fingers crossed that it gets here in time for my hunt.

Anyone have a picture with a bow strapped to the back? Do I need a pocket or grab-it for the bottom cam, or will the horizontal straps be enough to hold it in place? I wonder if the gun bearer would work for the bottom cam....

one of the features is the lifting handle at the top and bottom. you can put your cam into the bottom one, and use a strap to hold the top. this is just going off of what Kifaru has said in videos.

MattB

WKR
IMO it is bad juju having a cam be the lowest point on your pack. I used a KU grab it to pack my bow on a recent hunt, worked well.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Im trying to figure out the best way to do it, Im new to Kifaru so Im not used to all the different attachments and clips etc. Any advice?

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Im trying to figure out the best way to do it, Im new to Kifaru so Im not used to all the different attachments and clips etc. Any advice?

I kind of give an explanation of it on my native YouTube video if you wanna check that out. But I attach mine to the top of the actual frame.. so get a 3 bar slider with a strap and male buckle attached. Then put open ended females on the native, then hook up. If that makes sense.