Anybody listen to the latest Gritty Bowmen sales pitch...er, I mean podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think that anyone has a problem with Gritty having sponsors or making money. Almost every podcast I listen too has commercials but there is a difference between a 1 minute pitch for Stamps.com in the middle of a discussion verses the entire podcast being about a single product from a sponsor. Another complication for GB is that it sort of started like a gear review podcast. But once you take gear sponsors you lose credibility in being able to review gear without a bias.

TJ

WKR
The discussion was about technology and hunting. I see no where that Breadcrumb Tech is a sponsor.

So I don't see it as Brian was pushing a product. Every discussion is not a product endorsement.

TWGator

FNG
I'll still co-host from time to time and we're still going on several hunts together, but doing a podcast that doesn't have sponsors will allow me to speak more freely.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Good because I've been really wanting your true thoughts on Cecil the lion

sneaky

"DADDY"
Matt is the Cliff tester, and Aron doesn't drink, but he loves Girl Scout cookies 🤣. However, if moonshine is up for grabs, I would be willing to throw some gear off of a cliff...;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Say when 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
cf7868352714eb15011acac6e5b83312.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
That happened around 4 months in for me! I could see the trajectory of that podcast in the first dozen episodes.

I agree 100%. Brian has become the guy he said he did not want to be and hates. I loved this podcast over the last couple years but once Arone came on board (nothing against Aron as a person) this podcast totally changed. Is all about Aron or a sales pitch. It seems there really trying to get as many sponsors as possible regardless if the product is worth a crap. I really enjoyed how Brian ran his podcast in the past and how he told a story. They were great and more importantly not just a podcast to push as many sponsors as possible. I am not sure how it would be possible but if they continue the in the format they're in now it will not last long. It's sad really. It's just not Brian show anymore Its clearly become Arons show know. He is always cutting Brian off or talking over him. IDK maybe I am wrong and other really enjoy the new format. I for one cant stand it.
With the above said Rich Outdoors has become my new favorite. As for Gritty Bowman, I don't even check for new episodes anymore.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I agree 100%. Brian has become the guy he said he did not want to be and hates. I loved this podcast over the last couple years but once Arone came on board (nothing against Aron as a person) this podcast totally changed. Is all about Aron or a sales pitch. It seems there really trying to get as many sponsors as possible regardless if the product is worth a crap. I really enjoyed how Brian ran his podcast in the past and how he told a story. They were great and more importantly not just a podcast to push as many sponsors as possible. I am not sure how it would be possible but if they continue the in the format they're in now it will not last long. It's sad really. It's just not Brian show anymore Its clearly become Arons show know. He is always cutting Brian off or talking over him. IDK maybe I am wrong and other really enjoy the new format. I for one cant stand it.
With the above said Rich Outdoors has become my new favorite. As for Gritty Bowman, I don't even check for new episodes anymore.
Say what? Aron is hardly on there anymore. This new format is all Brian's choosing. He has to pay the bills somehow, you think his family can survive off of non - paying listeners? I'm beginning to wonder if you've ever listened to any of the episodes. Aron buys his own gear and he'll give an honest opinion of what works and doesn't. Tell you what, call Jay Scott up and ask for an honest opinion on clothing other than KUIU and get back to us. THAT show is a sponsor fest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys,
I appreciate the feedback. I'm not someone who shies away from controversial topics; nor am I afraid to speak my opinion, however unpopular it might be. I think that's why Aron and I have got along so well and we respect each other. We're both willing to say things that most will not--and that hasn't changed. I first heard about this Bluetooth Nock on the Joe Rogan podcast with Ben O'Brien--Episode #987. They spoke favorably of the technology in recovering dead or wounded game. About a week later I saw a post by Cody Rich from the Rich Outdoors Podcast--Cody spoke very poorly of the product and gave a few reasons for why this technology is a bad idea. Frankly, I read Cody's post and it pissed me off--I think his reasoning for denigrating the product is flimsy and inadequate. And I like Cody--I consider Cody a friend. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with him. A few days after Cody's post I saw Brandon Bates at the Total Archery Challenge in Snowbird. I asked him if he wanted to talk about technology and hunting on the podcast and he said "yes."
I don't like hypocrisy or unfounded fear and most of the negative comments about this technology revolved around both of those traits.

I have absolutely no financial ties to BreadCrumbTech. I really don't care if other people use this Bluetooth Nock or not. But I do care about addressing ignorant, hypocritical arguments that are primarily based on unsubstantiated fears that impact the world I live in. When a guy says he would never hunt with a gun, I don't care. But when a guy says that nobody should hunt with a gun... I get pissed off. When someone says they would never use this Bluetooth Nock, I don't care. But when some dude says that NOBODY should use this nock--I get pissed off. I explained my position in the podcast so I won't repeat it here except to say that I cannot see how anybody that upholds our 2nd Amendment rights can also say that this nock should not be freely used by those who wish to use it. People abuse guns all the time--we don't ban guns because somebody got shot. Some people interpret my words to mean that I believe we should abandon all regulation; that's nonsense. I'm all about regulation. I'm glad that teenagers can't drive until they're 16 years-old and have passed a drivers test. I think it's very appropriate to regulate nuclear bombs--I think we can all agree that the misuse of a nuke would be catastrophic. But the misuse of a Bluetooth Nock is relatively benign. Especially when you weigh it comparatively against the good it can have on recovering dead and wounded game. The same logic for stopping the use of a BT Nock was been used to ban tracking dogs across many U.S. states. I think it's asinine to ban the use of a leashed dog to track down a dead animal on the basis that some people "might" use their dog unethically. Thankfully, people have come to their senses and this legislation is rapidly changing across the United States.
Let me be clear, I do not choose to employ every technology available to me for hunting. Frankly, I don't want to shoot 1,000 yards. But neither do I want to hunt with a stick-bow at this time; I like my compound. I think hunters should be allowed to choose the technology they wish to use as long as it's legal and results in an efficient, humane kill without undue negative impact to the environment or the health of existing animals in that environment. I want to make every effort to reduce or eliminate the undue suffering of any animal I've shot--this BT Nock might help with that someday. Having spent my life hunting in places like the Oregon Coast and Prince of Wales Island Alaska, I see tremendous value in employing this technology to find a dead animal that is only feet away from me but that I cannot see for the thickness of the rain forest surrounding me.
If you don't agree with me, that's cool--disagreement does not mean disrespect; but do not accuse me of "selling out" or saying crap I don't believe to collect a paycheck. Aron and I don't always like the same gear or the same people--that doesn't make me a sell-out; that makes me who I am.

As a side-note, (if you're interested) checkout United Blood Trackers – Trained Tracking Dogs in the Ethical Recovery of Big Game for more information on dogs for finding dead or wounded game. Just to be clear, United Blood Trackers didn't pay me to post their link; I just like them. Stay gritty.

Msowa

Lil-Rokslider
I actually listened to this tech related podcast and didn't walk away thinking I wasted my time on an infomercial...there was some challenging debate on the use of technology in general and it was worthwhile. Keep up the good work Brian. I think everyone will chill out once they get to chasing elk next month

TWGator

FNG
Hey guys,
I appreciate the feedback. I'm not someone who shies away from controversial topics; nor am I afraid to speak my opinion, however unpopular it might be. I think that's why Aron and I have got along so well and we respect each other. We're both willing to say things that most will not--and that hasn't changed. I first heard about this Bluetooth Nock on the Joe Rogan podcast with Ben O'Brien--Episode #987. They spoke favorably of the technology in recovering dead or wounded game. About a week later I saw a post by Cody Rich from the Rich Outdoors Podcast--Cody spoke very poorly of the product and gave a few reasons for why this technology is a bad idea. Frankly, I read Cody's post and it pissed me off--I think his reasoning for denigrating the product is flimsy and inadequate. And I like Cody--I consider Cody a friend. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with him. A few days after Cody's post I saw Brandon Bates at the Total Archery Challenge in Snowbird. I asked him if he wanted to talk about technology and hunting on the podcast and he said "yes."
I don't like hypocrisy or unfounded fear and most of the negative comments about this technology revolved around both of those traits.

I have absolutely no financial ties to BreadCrumbTech. I really don't care if other people use this Bluetooth Nock or not. But I do care about addressing ignorant, hypocritical arguments that are primarily based on unsubstantiated fears that impact the world I live in. When a guy says he would never hunt with a gun, I don't care. But when a guy says that nobody should hunt with a gun... I get pissed off. When someone says they would never use this Bluetooth Nock, I don't care. But when some dude says that NOBODY should use this nock--I get pissed off. I explained my position in the podcast so I won't repeat it here except to say that I cannot see how anybody that upholds our 2nd Amendment rights can also say that this nock should not be freely used by those who wish to use it. People abuse guns all the time--we don't ban guns because somebody got shot. Some people interpret my words to mean that I believe we should abandon all regulation; that's nonsense. I'm all about regulation. I'm glad that teenagers can't drive until they're 16 years-old and have passed a drivers test. I think it's very appropriate to regulate nuclear bombs--I think we can all agree that the misuse of a nuke would be catastrophic. But the misuse of a Bluetooth Nock is relatively benign. Especially when you weigh it comparatively against the good it can have on recovering dead and wounded game. The same logic for stopping the use of a BT Nock was been used to ban tracking dogs across many U.S. states. I think it's asinine to ban the use of a leashed dog to track down a dead animal on the basis that some people "might" use their dog unethically. Thankfully, people have come to their senses and this legislation is rapidly changing across the United States.
Let me be clear, I do not choose to employ every technology available to me for hunting. Frankly, I don't want to shoot 1,000 yards. But neither do I want to hunt with a stick-bow at this time; I like my compound. I think hunters should be allowed to choose the technology they wish to use as long as it's legal and results in an efficient, humane kill without undue negative impact to the environment or the health of existing animals in that environment. I want to make every effort to reduce or eliminate the undue suffering of any animal I've shot--this BT Nock might help with that someday. Having spent my life hunting in places like the Oregon Coast and Prince of Wales Island Alaska, I see tremendous value in employing this technology to find a dead animal that is only feet away from me but that I cannot see for the thickness of the rain forest surrounding me.
If you don't agree with me, that's cool--disagreement does not mean disrespect; but do not accuse me of "selling out" or saying crap I don't believe to collect a paycheck. Aron and I don't always like the same gear or the same people--that doesn't make me a sell-out; that makes me who I am.

As a side-note, (if you're interested) checkout United Blood Trackers – Trained Tracking Dogs in the Ethical Recovery of Big Game for more information on dogs for finding dead or wounded game. Just to be clear, United Blood Trackers didn't pay me to post their link; I just like them. Stay gritty.
Blah blah blah....I wear Sitka blah blah blah intake mountain ops.

Jk Brian, I understood what tre show was about. I'm probably not buying any Bluetooth nocks but don't see them as unethical, just expensive. However the first year I went to Colorado elk hunting (from flatland FL) I thought rangefinders where too expensive useless technology. It didn't take long for me to change my mind there.

TW

Now you are shilling for dogs and llamas. F#%€g sellout.

Brian, sometimes you really disappoint me...except when you are putting out high quality, fairly entertaining media on hunting and hunting related topics for FREE.

Keep doing your thing, man. Haters gonna hate or more elegantly...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat". - TR

Hey guys,

I haven't seen this episode yet, but in general I like what Gritty Bowmen does, especially as a learning tool for a new hunter like myself. Although I lack the knowledge and experience of many of the other listeners, I still take most of the information with a grain of salt and listen critically, just like reading critically. Then one can incorporate their own ideas and thoughts into something that goes into forming their OWN opinion, just like any intelligent being. That's what learning is all about.

Brian, you have addressed the issue of haters many times on your podcast.... This thread is absolutely an exhibition of that. Probably a part of the job that isn't very fun. You handle it well.

Regarding the use of dogs, even though where I live here in Sweden I think dogs are relied upon in the pursuit of live game a bit too much for MY TASTES, the use of a dog to track dead or wounded game is a big help in the quick recovery of animals. Just MY opinion based on MY observations.

I like Brian's attitude in regards to letting hunters hunt how they wish, and not preaching at others or judging them. Can't we just do that?

Skickat från min S40 via Tapatalk

Hey Hey
GB is on Rokslide- too bad it was because of the negativity of some posters on here.
Welcome to the forums, I hope you get to post w/o having to defend yourself on here.
It's a great forum with lots of great guys and some not so good, but hey, it's over all purpose is awesome.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys,

Ha ha this Focking drilled it, enough said people, for F's sake move on if you don't like it. Grittysister2_katie, sorry you can't edit this one, but maybe Tanya will :)

Last edited:

jm1607

WKR
I don't have a problem with sales pitches depending on how it's presented.

If it’s good gear and you explain why then awesome, np. Random plugs for sponsors is cool, I mean, you gotta make some money. What I hate is when you have dumb asses on hunting channels that shoot something with a Matthews bow and claim the only reason the deer is dead is because it's a Matthews and everything else sucks blah blah blah, well, that’s retarded. I don’t think GB is doing that but I haven’t listened to GB for a while so I won’t judge.

I just stopped listening because I thought the content got boring/stale. I also felt like they got way too trendy/bandwagony with their gear. Seems like all of a sudden Sitka is the newest best shit, although nothing has really changed. All they really did was add a shitty new camo pattern. Still way too expensive for Chinese clothes. I’m already sick of seeing sub-alpine on every single ad banner and hunting commercial.. It’s turning into the new Kuiu.. I'll stick with my mis-matched ASAT..

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
While I always have reservations when it comes to technology that aids in the location of game animals, I'm with Brian as far as approving of technology that aids in the recovery of down animals. Once the animal is mortally wounded, the chase is over, and time is of the essence. For me, the principles of fair chase cover everything that leads up to that kill shot. Everything after that is covered by a different set of ethics, wherein we do all we can to maximize the benefit of the sacrifice of that animal's life. I understand the fears of some that it will be misused, but I don't think this technology is going to create unethical hunters. Scumbags might misuse it to little avail, but overall I don't see it creating an epidemic of maimed animals. All of that being said, it's not for me, but I certainly see why it would appeal to some, and I don't think less of them for it.

I am glad to see GB on here, was wondering how long it would take actually. I appreciate Brian's honesty and I am glad he took the time to register and address this thread. I agree with a lot of his sentiments that we can all have different opinions but it shouldn't divide us a friends or as hunters. I consider GB a class act and he just reaffirmed that.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Ha ha this Focking drilled it, enough said people, for F's sake move on if you don't like it. Grittysister2_katie, sorry you can't edit this one, but maybe Tanya will :)

I'm the last person who would edit swear words out! 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.