Forum Upgrades

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We will be doing a few upgraded over the next 24 hours, including upgrading our search engine.

The site might run slow or be down for periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just make sure they are indeed "upgrades". Seems like every time a website or browser does an "upgrade" it turns out to be a downgrade.:(

Like Yahoo just "upgraded" their Finance pages......and now they're horrible. Everything used to show up immediately on one page and was easy to find. Now it's so busy you can't find anything, and most of the useful stuff isn't even on the pages anymore. From the feedback they're seeing.......it is pretty obvious that that upgrade was indeed a downgrade.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just make sure they are indeed "upgrades". Seems like every time a website or browser does an "upgrade" it turns out to be a downgrade.:(

Like Yahoo just "upgraded" their Finance pages......and now they're horrible. Everything used to show up immediately on one page and was easy to find. Now it's so busy you can't find anything, and most of the useful stuff isn't even on the pages anymore. From the feedback they're seeing.......it is pretty obvious that that upgrade was indeed a downgrade.

We feel your pain, but the only thing worse than a glitchy upgrade is not upgrading and watching the software descend into far more problems in the long run than the upgrade.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We feel your pain, but the only thing worse than a glitchy upgrade is not upgrading and watching the software descend into far more problems in the long run than the upgrade.

That's true too. I always hold out as long as possible on browser upgrades until they start to glitch. I was still using Netscape just a couple years ago because it was the fastest easiest to use browser on the net. But eventually after they stopped supporting it and all the websites changed how they worked, it stopped working well and was forced to change. But even today I can't find a browser that is as lightning fast as Netscape was.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That's true too. I always hold out as long as possible on browser upgrades until they start to glitch. I was still using Netscape just a couple years ago because it was the fastest easiest to use browser on the net. But eventually after they stopped supporting it and all the websites changed how they worked, it stopped working well and was forced to change. But even today I can't find a browser that is as lightning fast as Netscape was.

you & me have a lot in common...
1980's Toyotas and Netscape ha ha ha. Glad to hear I wasn't the only hold out. Using Mozilla now.