Rokstaff Hunt 'n Success Photos

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,
I'll be the first to say that the Rokstaff is NOT a bunch'a bad-ass hunters. We're just a group of writers who love to hunt, do it a lot, and occasionally get lucky.

We started this thread just to feature some of our hunting and kill photos so we're not high jacking threads members are using. We'll post our photos here. 2016 is page 1-6, 2017 starts on page 7.

Last edited:

CaseyU

WKR
Dr horsepower's bucks ok slim... what would you say mid 150s 24"? You can't leave these people waiting... Oh wait yes you can. Can't wait to hear the full story.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This is a different kind of success but it was a great day with my son. We spent a few days camping on the shore of that lake all by ourselves.

01%20Dylan%20and%20Me_zpsncryamox.jpg

06%20Dylan_zps5gohwzyj.jpg

IMG_3000_zpst8lcdyno.jpg

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright guys! Here he is. My wife and I hunted Colorado this year after getting lucky and burning my points on an early archery deer hunt. Being my only hunt of the season, I poured everything I had in this and the good lord blessed us with great memories and one awesome deer. I couldn't be more happy... I didn't have a ton of time to hunt so we hit it hard scouting 2.5 days before season and ended up putting this one to bed on the third day of season. A 4.5 hour stalk later, he finally stood up and I took the small opportunity I had. My Rokslide wrapped arrow was covered in blood but I didn't have my camera and the next two hours provided us with an entertaining storm full of sideways rain, hail, and finally snow. Needless to say the red fletches washed away. We had to leave the deer on the mountain that night and recovered him the next day. It was a hunt of a lifetime for a Nevada boy that's for sure!
7b6a9c84d8c69d30e91c1a4588a9a6e3.jpg
e3a634ef0f24ab31c2d499e056eb8f32.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
TRAVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that width and the scenery too. Great job Nevada boy!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Way to go bird dog! That deer is a stud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome buck! He's a beauty. Congratulations on making your only hunt of the year a huge success!

Just curious, what was his outside spread? His g3's, especially the left one, look like they'd push his outside width out quite a bit...

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
This bear wasn't shot by Rokslide staff but a couple of us helped out. Broz made an amazing shot on this bear in Idaho this spring.

Bear%20and%20Pack_zpsvdr70qq7.jpg

01%20The%20group_zpseiy7fwf5.jpg