Please Read!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
If a random person says check this link out(product) or if you ask a question in the forum and a person PMs you a link to their blog/forum, saying "we can answer your question" just sign up.

Remember we have 9,500 active members so not everyone be approached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How about people posting links to a gear review they did when they are actually just a retailer trying to make more sales? Like the Bean Outdoors Uncompahgre puffy pants review in the General Section. Is that cool?

colersu22

WKR
How about people posting links to a gear review they did when they are actually just a retailer trying to make more sales? Like the Bean Outdoors Uncompahgre puffy pants review in the General Section. Is that cool?

Personally I didn't mind that because bean outdoors doesn't have as low of prices on First Lite as S&S archery or One shot gear who are both sponsors. Let him do the work then just purchase from a site sponsor.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

We call those plants. And if we know they're directly associated with the company, we delete & probably ban if it keeps up. Have not seen that thread. How do you know it's a plant?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
flyinsquirel, I deleted the thread and reached out to the OP with sponsor invite. The dead giveaway was "sales@...." email address. Thanks for catching that.

Those are not cool. Competes directly with paying sponsors and uses our hardware/software for free to reach thousands of hunters they did nothing to bring to the site. plus one more time-suck for mods/staff

flyinsquirel, I deleted the thread and reached out to the OP with sponsor invite. The dead giveaway was "sales@...." email address. Thanks for catching that.

Those are not cool. Competes directly with paying sponsors and uses our hardware/software for free to reach thousands of hunters they did nothing to bring to the site. plus one more time-suck for mods/staff

Bean outdoors does the same thing on archery talk. Not sure if they are a sponsor there. Lame to to that here.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Zeroforhire.

Just got off the phone with Eric at Bean. He understands how it works here now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him come as a legit sponsor. I'd guess AT just hasn't caught it yet. To be fair, many new companies just don't understand how the forums work. You can tell when you talk to them if they're just sneaky or clueless. Thanks for keeping an eye out on this stuff guys.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I can tell you that this thread has already helped. Had several come out of the woodwork to get information about becoming a sponsor. I'm sure there's a bunch of plants and snakes that will never come forward but I'll let you guys handle those ha ha. At least these guys come forward want to try to make it right. Thanks for the help everybody

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
how will i know this is happening?
just random pms?

Yes or you'll just see threads from guys selling product outright. Some don't realize you have to be a sponsor, others are out right cheats. Report them on this thread or PM. Thanks

I can tell you that this thread has already helped. Had several come out of the woodwork to get information about becoming a sponsor. I'm sure there's a bunch of plants and snakes that will never come forward but I'll let you guys handle those ha ha. At least these guys come forward want to try to make it right. Thanks for the help everybody

Robby can we get a sticky or something with the current list of sponsors that is maintained over time.

Beans ad was so blatant I figured he had joined the site as a sponsor.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby can we get a sticky or something with the current list of sponsors that is maintained over time.

Beans ad was so blatant I figured he had joined the site as a sponsor.

tipsntails, great question but list is long and always in flux. Might be out of date in a week.

However, it's fairly easy to tell if sponsor or not. Most sponsors have a banner either on the forums, homepage, or on the "Other Sponsors" link at top of forums. If you don't have time to look for a banner, just PM me. I'll know 99% of the time of the top of my head.

If they don't have a banner, then they should have something in their signature line that says "Rokslide Sponsor". If neither of those are the case, report them to me or Ryan and we'll look into it.

We do have one inexpensive package that allows these small companies to post video, text, pictures, product and sometimes they look like non-sponsors if they didn't put "Rokslide Sponsor" in their signature line at bottom of post.. We're trying to get them all to include it but some have not, so if you're wondering, just let me know.

Hope that clarifies it and thanks!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me know if I need to break some legs........................I know guys who know guys who know guys........................:eek:
They all go by Guido.

FYI, I have not received any PM's.

Randy

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Since I posted this, lots of members have asked me how to help Rokslide. The number one way to help Rokslide is to use/buy from our sponsors and tell them you're a Rokslide member.

Thanks!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Just wanted people to know that Eric @Bean Outdoors is now a Rokslide sponsor. He's based in North Carolina and specializes in reviewing the gear he sells. Give him a click when you're shopping out Apparel, Archery, Safety Harnesses, Packs/Backpacks, and a wide variety of firearms. You can link to his site at Bean Outdoors - Great Gear, Great Prices Firearms, Archery, & Hunting Supplies!