Please Welcome Braken Wear

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey Roksliders
please welcome a brand spankin' new company to Rokslide- Braken Wear. They just went live at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA in February. They've been interested for months in coming onto Rokslide but just wanted to make sure they could be fully stocked and ready to roll. You'll see their banner on the Rally Point forum.

They have a small product line right now featuring some warm weather gear, a jacket and pant, and of course their exclusive camo pattern.

As it's been winter here in the US with no good ops to test a warm-weather system, I've reached out to hardcore Trad bowhunter Ryan K Sanpei of Hawaii to run the gear and give us his feedback. Ryan is a freelance writer and will be giving us his honest opinion on the gear. Watch for that project on the clothing forum this spring. If you don't know Ryan, follow him on social media, I guarantee it will help pass these winter blues when you see him hunting in 80 degree weather in February!!!! Ryan K Sanpei | Facebook
attachment.php

Along with that, we'll be offering some Braken Wear gear to win exclusive to Rokslide members; we'll kick that off in the next few weeks when Ryan gets his thread up.

Ryan will be testing the Scorcher Top

So please give Braken Wear a welcome. If you'd like to sign up for their newsletter or just learn more about them, visit

Braken Wear - The endless pursuit

Peak Season Jacket - Braken Wear

Scorcher Top - Braken Wear

attachment.php

Last edited:

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
These guys look to produce some solid gear. The pants in particular have some really nice features. That camo pattern looks like it'd disappear well in a variety of circumstances. Waiting to hear Ryan's take and I may pick some up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm following to hear Ryan's review. The high desert means I'll need options from scorching sun to sub zero. Always on the look out for something to fill the gaps

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Welcome , what is the price breakdown for US dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the introduction Robby!

Just to give you guys a little background on the area that I'm currently hunting. This valley is located on the west end of the island of Oahu. Typically the temperatures are the highest on that side. As Robby mentioned, it's currently in the 80s and the humidity is high. It's a mountain hunt and many areas are very thick with vegetation, so I won't only be testing how well it does in heat. Durability and mobility will also be assessed.

The area only allows for day hunts and typically I'll be out all day. It's about a two hour hike to get into the area I prefer and from there I'm glassing and hiking until I spot animals. Because the area is thick and I can't glass every pocket, I'm on my feet with my backpack and bino pack attached for 90% of the day.

For those that don't have FB, I also have a new Instagram account. ryan.k.sanpei
@ryan.k.sanpei • Instagram photos and videos

Aloha!
Ryan

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
Welcome Braken Ware.

I've been following Ryan on Instagram for a while now. I respect his opinion when it comes to traditional archery and hot weather clothing. I'm glad to see he'll be reviewing these.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Australia company very cool. They have suppliers here in states or is gear coming straight from Aussie?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Braken wear!

I have to ask where you found this Ryan guy at Robby??? :p

Just kidding Ryan! Glad you're doing this and I look forward to your review.

Thanks Robby and everyone at Rokslide for having us! We look forward to hearing what Ryan, and everyone thinks of our gear. It has been a long process to get us to this point, and we are extremely happy with how things are turning out. Our product line is set to increase in the coming months with the addition of our Ultimate Down Jacket, Rain Shell, Summer Pant, Fleeced Hoody & headwear. In the meantime we have available our Scorcher Top, Peak Season Jacket & Pant, and Face Mask. For more info head to Braken Wear - The endless pursuit

live2hunt - Cheers for the positive feedback.

Murdy, we try our best to accommodate!

Thanks reaper & realunlucky.

Hi Cant hit em, prices are converted on the website upon checkout, and are based on current conversion rates. As a rough estimate our Peak Season Jacket & Pant are US$175 each, Scorcher Top US$75 and Face Mask US$15. We hope this helps.

Cheers twall13 - the Scorcher Top is ideal for the heat, compared to the Peak Season Suit which is a mid-layer, made up of a soft DWR-coated outer shell and micro fleeced backer, making it extremely versatile. This combination gives it the right balance of insulation and breathability.

Thanks Travis Bertrand & Justin Crossley. Cheers elkguide, herd90!

So far we are exclusively online SHTF so your gear will be shipped from Australia.

bojangles808 - Yes, we made sure we had bigger than normal hip zips, making it easier to dump excess heat.

Last edited: