Weclome Broadhead Design & Manufacturer IRON WILL OUTFITTERS

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Spent the last month getting to know these guys a little better, IRON WILL OUTFITTERS, out of Colorado. They make one thing- premium broadheads (well OK, a pretty killer oil-skin cap and few other pieces, too but broadheads are their focus)

Founded by lead engineer, Bill Vanderheyden and Eric Whiting, (story behind their broadheads here Our Story | About Us | Why We Created the Best Broadheads — Iron Will Outfitters and their company here Explore | Best Broadheads Money Can Buy — Iron Will Outfitters,

They punched these broadheads through over 50 animals before bringing them to market.

attachment.php

Eric and Bill have partnered with Rokslide writer Les Welch on his "New Year, New Season" project.

New Year "New Season"

Les will be testing these heads at some point during that project and true to Rokslide form, will be getting some of these broadheads in member's hands to get their opinions too.

So give these guys a welcome and watch for them on the forums. They'll jump on and introduce themselves on here.

if you're a Facebooker, follow them at Iron Will Outfitters | Facebook
(great concentricity testing video on there)

attachment.php

Last edited:

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the intro, Robby. We're really excited about the opportunity to team up with Rokslide!

Our goal is to design broadheads for maximum accuracy and penetration by using optimal materials and engineering. After many years of testing and new iterations, we're proud to be able to offer Iron Will Outfitters broadheads with a lifetime guarantee.

We're excited for Les' review, as well as for feedback from the Rokslide faithful so we can continuously improve on our quest to create the most reliable broadheads.

Bill and I met in 2012 while bow hunting for elk in a Colorado high country wilderness basin. I shot my first bull elk that morning, and we've been teaming up ever since. Bill has been on a quest to create the best broadhead since a devastating 2004 elk hunt, but that's a story you'll have to hear from him!

Thanks, and hunt well!
-Eric

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Carbondale, eh? I have a LOT of family in that neck of the woods.

I'm sure these heads "perform" very well. I just want to shoot some at 100 yards and see how accurate they are.

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Carbondale, eh? I have a LOT of family in that neck of the woods.

I'm sure these heads "perform" very well. I just want to shoot some at 100 yards and see how accurate they are.

It's a great neck of the woods to be from. I've been in the area my whole life, so I may know some of them.

Let me know the next time you're around and we can set up that 100 yard test! Shoot me a PM or call me at 970.274.1493. Also, if you're planning on being in the Loveland, CO area this weekend, we're doing a demo day at the Lon Hagler Archery Range Saturday, March 4 from 2-4pm. Directions are here: Google Maps

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It's a great neck of the woods to be from. I've been in the area my whole life, so I may know some of them.

Let me know the next time you're around and we can set up that 100 yard test! Shoot me a PM or call me at 970.274.1493. Also, if you're planning on being in the Loveland, CO area this weekend, we're doing a demo day at the Lon Hagler Archery Range Saturday, March 4 from 2-4pm. Directions are here: Google Maps

There you go 5miles. you could actually beat Les the test if you play your cards right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
welcome aboard! I remember hearing about your heads somewhere.. Does Aron Snyder shoot them?

I think there was a thread on here in the archery section last fall maybe. I like the looks of the design and the nice thick ferrule so it should be durable.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There you go 5miles. you could actually beat Les the test if you play your cards right.

Actually I was supposed to be in Carbondale next weekend until some other stuff came up. I won't be anywhere near Loveland this weekend. And I'd pay the price of the heads just to avoid driving through Denver.;)

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
These look pretty cool....and tempting. Anxious to see some roksliders results. Seem rather pricey, then I think about any head Ive shot through a big game animal was retired to target shooting or gobblers only.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, Robby. We truly want to make the ultimate outwest big game broadheads and I'm looking forward to valuable feedback from Les and the Rokslide community. I've been continuously improving these for several years, but we are always looking for ways to make them even better.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
You guys might want to consider hitting the 3D circuit this spring and summer and being a sponsor at the shoots. Offer up some heads as raffle prizes and have a place set up for guys to try them out. You'd get a heck of a lot of visibility throughout the state of Colorado. First shoot is this Saturday at the Air Force Academy Range.