Please Welcome Argali, Rokslide sponsor

Do you guys have a brick and mortar store or is it online only. If you do have brick and mortar where is it located. I'd like to check it out sometime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you guys have a brick and mortar store or is it online only. If you do have brick and mortar where is it located. I'd like to check it out sometime

We don't have a brick and mortar store, but if you're in Boise you can swing by and check out all our products anytime you want at our HQ. Email me for details and to set up a time: [email protected].

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered an 8man from Brad on Friday, it was drop shipped from seek on Monday and delivered today. Thanks! Excited to set it up and check it out. :)

Thanks for letting us know. We’d like to hear about the 8man after you get some use

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Oh this thing is gonna be sweet for spike camps that warrant the weight and for family backpacking (family of 5). There is at least a 4' diameter clear area at the 6' level (top of my head) in this thing if folks were wondering how much "walk around" room there is.

8UpJsfZl.jpg

tRfLzjjl.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Oh this thing is gonna be sweet for spike camps that warrant the weight and for family backpacking (family of 5). There is at least a 4' diameter clear area at the 6' level (top of my head) in this thing if folks were wondering how much "walk around" room there is.

8UpJsfZl.jpg

tRfLzjjl.jpg

Looks good. What is the weight of the nylon?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Canopy w/ screen in the stuff sack ~85oz unsealed on my digital luggage scale. A little bit higher than spec'd but personally I don't care about the 6oz variation (which includes the stuff sack) in regards to this shelter. That's like carrying less than a 1/4 of a quart nalgene of water on a trip I've signed up the haul sometime heavy (or have animals haul) and compared to my cimarron for instance this this is MASSIVE. I'm ditching the cimarron and keeping the LBO with a custom center tarp to handle solo, 2man, expanded 2man light weight trips.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Looks like a really sweet basecamp tent.

Yeah we'll use it for llama spike camp hunting and I'll also use it for family (5) back packing because by the time you carry a couple smaller shelters the weight of this one big one isn't actually heavy. If there are enough bodies (or enough will to do so) I could see using it on a man power spike camp as well, what's a few pounds compared to that kind of space! But not for mobile backpack hunting, stick with a smaller shelter for that. Aside from the weight, easier to pitch.