First Antelope Tag

I'm excited to say I "drew" an archery either sex Antelope tag this year in Idaho. Its an unlimited tag, but I've never hunted them and am happy to have the opportunity to do it. It's the 21A-1 area, which is a huge portion of area! So what I'm looking for is not so much anyone's spots, just seeing if anyone has hunted this tag before and what you thought. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Congratulations on drawing the tag! Sorry, can’t offer too much help, as I haven’t ever hunted Idaho.

One thing I learned while antelope hunting is that the best time to glass is right at first light. When the sun peaks over the horizon the sun reflects off of the white and really makes them stand out.

Good luck!

I can’t help you out with the unit either but I will tell you that it’s an absolute blast. They are such a cool animal and so much fun to hunt. Their white rumps seem to stick out like a sore thumb. You shouldn’t have a hard time spotting them. Don’t be afraid to go walk over to the next rise to see what others can’t from the road. We were amazed the first time out there what was just out of sight from the road.

Good luck and make sure to post a recap of your hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prongbuck

FNG
Have you narrowed it down to a specific area. As you stated this hunt includes a ton of country. Best odds of success are over a water hole. Most of the best waterholes will already have a blind on them by now. Some of these units have too much water to hunt that way and you will either have to stalk or decoy. I would spend as much time scouting as you can. Some of these units have some high elevation seeps that could be productive. Some areas have hay fields that you can hunt fence crossings. Good luck.

OP
I
I have. A buddy told me about a ton of BLM land north of Sun Valley area. Looks to be good and good bucks have been seen there. I'm hoping to do some more scouting and hunt the weekend it opens. Thanks for the great info...I didn't even think about the seeps!