ND Antelope

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Really torn on what unit to apply for,, I have hunted in the unit south of bowman but there could be some real bruisers in the new units

BSing around with the people that's where I am at too. Could have a lot higher odds in some of the usual units with people applying for the newly opened units. But the new units will likely have some nice bucks that haven't been shot at in years.

One of the new units that opened up I have seen some extremely nice bucks in. Some of the other new units just average bucks. Good luck with wherever you decide to apply

lak2004

WKR
I sure hope they keep making a strong comeback! If like to hunt them as a non resident on my family farm near bowman again some day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
I havent heard too many great things about the hunting in the units that are open. Crazy competition from the sound of it. Im sitting with 5 points and really looking forward to my first hunt for pronghorn. I have points for Wyoming in my back pocket too

NDMULEY

FNG
I also have 5 points in ND. Also have points in SD and WY. I went to Wyoming this fall and let me tell you it was a blast. I am definitely going out there again. Drew a 2nd choice unit and seen tons of goats. Just wish ND had more goats.

Kotaman

WKR
I have 8 points in ND and should draw in ‘19. I’ve always applied for the unit South of Bowman, but debating a Badlands unit for the amount of public land. Anyone know how the numbers are in the Badlands units?

Barnesnbow

Lil-Rokslider
I had a 3b tag this year and would not recommend that unit or 4c. Way to many hunters and not the quality of bucks I was hoping for. I ended up shooting an 74 in buck. Only saw one really nice buck. If I was to do it over I would applied for 2b.

slick

WKR
Hopefully NDGF isn’t cashing in on Prongy’s too early. One foul winter could take all the tags away. Fingers crossed for you guys it isn’t like the deer tag allocation of 2012 until just a couple years ago.

Kotaman

WKR
I was just studying the draw results. With 8 points 2b is <7% chance of drawing! 4C is only 33.3%... So, I may not be Pronghorn hunting in ‘19. ;). Now, These results are from 2017 so who knows how the new units in ‘18 affected the draw %/ numbers. Should help quite a bit one would think.

I don't even apply for them here in ND. I hunted them in Wyoming a couple years ago and saw way more antelope in a second choice unit then I have in any unit here. Also I just didn't enjoy it as much as other hunts (deer/elk) so I figure I might as well not compete with people that would really like to hunt them. Good luck to all that apply here in ND.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
I was just studying the draw results. With 8 points 2b is <7% chance of drawing! 4C is only 33.3%... So, I may not be Pronghorn hunting in ‘19. ;). Now, These results are from 2017 so who knows how the new units in ‘18 affected the draw %/ numbers. Should help quite a bit one would think.

Thanks for the stats. I naively thought I could draw with two points this year. No luck. Will be watching for the '18 result numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
Thanks for the stats. I naively thought I could draw with two points this year. No luck. Will be watching for the '18 result numbers.

Using the ‘17 numbers you have <1% chance of drawing in any unit with 2 points. Those numbers don’t change much until you have at least 5 points at which point it goes to 20% chance of drawing on average. The expansion of units will help, but probably still won’t have a very good chance until you have at least 5 points.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it may be a few more years then. Let's hope for a reasonable winter this year for continued population growth and expansion.