Colorado Unit 87

Colorado Unit 88

Anybody hunting this unit this year? I picked up a leftover tag and figured I'd ask around. I've got a fairly busy fall planned, so this was close enough to home to make a couple days out of it without making the wife too angry. I've never hunted antelope before so I'm really looking forward to getting out scouting for a day or two once I get toward the end of archery season.

Last edited:
OP
coloyooper
How did your hunt go?
It was a zoo, honestly. People road hunting everywhere. I saw a few very large bucks but they must’ve known I had a doe only tag because they weren’t shy at all. The does on the other hand were tough to get inside a few hundred yards. I went out the last few days of the season so they’d already been pressured pretty good earlier in the week. Had fun regardless, would take that tag again in a second if I found it leftover.

It was a zoo, honestly. People road hunting everywhere. I saw a few very large bucks but they must’ve known I had a doe only tag because they weren’t shy at all. The does on the other hand were tough to get inside a few hundred yards. I went out the last few days of the season so they’d already been pressured pretty good earlier in the week. Had fun regardless, would take that tag again in a second if I found it leftover.
Thanks for sharing that. I am looking at 87 or 88 for the year after next. I already have the points but my schedule is full this fall. So probably next fall.

Which one did you hunt? The thread title says 87 but your post says 88? I imagine it is the same experience in either. 88 has fewer tags but also less public land at first glance.

I will be on a buck tag

OP
coloyooper
Thanks for sharing that. I am looking at 87 or 88 for the year after next. I already have the points but my schedule is full this fall. So probably next fall.

Which one did you hunt? The thread title says 87 but your post says 88? I imagine it is the same experience in either. 88 has fewer tags but also less public land at first glance.

I will be on a buck tag
I hunted 88- had a typo in my title. 87 will be a shitshow as well, but I did archery hunt 87 the following year and had significantly less pressure, and it turned out to be a great hunt.