Who's all chasing antelope?

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone going out this year to chase pronghorn around? I was going to go out opening weekend but now have a wedding to go to August 15thish! So I'll be in Cali! Pretty bummed out... I wish antelope and elk didn't overlap! I would love to get both with my bow but antelope is too hot and I love chasing elk!

If I had a killer Antelope spot I would go but I don't and haven't found a good waterhole to sit over so I always try to stalk them and get schooled!

First year I moved to CO from Michigan I took hair on one that pulled some type of matrix move when I shot at him! That's when I realized just how fast they are... I thought whitetail were fast! Nothing more frustrating than hunting antelope but that's what makes it so fun!

roknHS

FNG
I got point creeped on buck tags but, managed some doe tags in the unit next door in Wyoming. I'll get some good experience I guess. Based on what guys with Wyo. experience have said, this draw seems like there there was more competition for tags than ever before. Probably has something to do with the extension of the application period. More guys put in for tags in Wyoming. Sure has thrown some unit norms out the window. Lots of point creep and a lot fewer left overs than previous years.

WyoHnt300

Lil-Rokslider
Wyoming has the Aug 15th archery opener too. Will definitely be spot and stalking the speed goats this year. They are a great way to prime for September elk.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup! I drew in NV this year which is the first year of being eligible again. 3.5% odds to boot!

Shot

FNG
Will be chasing them last week of archery in Wyoming. Hopefully they will be rutting by then.

Craig4791

WKR
I'll be after them in Idaho this year. Never hunted them before so I'm excited for it.

My wife and I will be giving it a shot in utah with archery equipment this year. First time hunting antelope for both of us and her first archery hunt ever. I have a feeling we both have a lot to learn.

MT Bill

FNG
I drew a NV rifle tag, can't wait for Aug 22 to get here! Luckily my archery muley tag starts earlier and ends later than my antelope tag.

Slim Jim

WKR
I also drew a NV rifle tag. I put in for a rifle tag so that I can bring my little boys with me. This will be their first big game hunt with dad so I'm pretty excited. Now I just need to dust the rifle off. I haven't shot that thing in years.

I will be hunting antelope for the first time this year with a bow. I know the rut doesn't really kick in until later in September but I'm going to try and get some decoy action going.

I haven't hunted antelope in a few years after the hard winter of 2012. The herd is still pretty small in my normal stomping grounds. I did put in for doe/fawn up near the Little Belts. With the dry year we are having, it could be productive to post up at a water hole during August archery.

Carlin59

WKR
Someone (me) was dumb enough to get married the first weekend in October this year, ruling out all my normal hunting options. Instead, a buddy from WI and I are converging on one of the "limited access" units in WY the first weekend in Nov. We went 3/3 on doe tags last year on a similar hunt (had to waste the first two doe tags we bought after we realized there were literally no areas to hunt), so we are still excited despite zero scouting. Should be an adventure to say the least!