2016 Antelope Meatpole

Gumbo

WKR
I am glad to be able to start this thread this year. Here is my opening day Montana archery goat. Only 12.5 inches but green scores about 73 because of the mass and decent cutters. Good luck, hope to see some more kills posted soon!

2016 goat.jpg

Jimbo V

WKR
Nice buck Gumbo here's #2, 11 1/2 inches 2nd day Colorado season.

e055a4988bcdc8314386e9b49f932fa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Sweet! I'm heading out this evening. How far was the shot? Spot n Stalk? What did you get him with???

Snuck to about 100 yards when he was bedded. Then I waited and he walked towards me on his way to water and feed. Stuck him at 43 yards, but had him at about ten yards when he saw my bow over the top of the sage I was crouched in when I drew. I stopped him with the "MEP" call. Better lucky than good!

Used a Bowtech BTX 28 @ 70 lbs with a Rage Hypodermic broadhead on Axis arrows (total weight about 465).

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Awesome! Thanks! I live an hour southeast of Lincoln. I'm hunting out near Harrison. It's my first goat hunt.

I grew up on a farm near Louisville. I think you will like antelope hunting, it is a blast.

Wish I was posting a pic, but I struck out in Wyoming. First time hunting goats there and I'll be back for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to those that have got goats so far. I'll be heading out to Washoe county NV the end of the week with a rifle so hopefully I can turn up a good one to share!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk