Wyoming trophy antelope offer

Jimss

WKR
I would like to throw out an offer to anyone that may have 7+ Wyoming antelope preference points and would like to join my buddy and I on a trophy Wyoming antelope hunt. I've been hunting a private 150,000+ acre ranch in the heart of B&C antelope country in Wyoming off and on for the past 15 years. Last year I hunted with several guys and we all harvested fantastic bucks. One gentleman was a long bow hunter. My buddy and I set up 4 waterhole blinds well in advance of the season. I've hunted Wyoming antelope since a kid and the waterholes on the ranch are fantastic. There are few other water sources available so it is a great option if you like to hunt with bow. There is also plenty of hilly country for spot and stalk. It's also a great place for rifle hunting. My buddy and I hunted with 2 rifle hunters that were amazed at the number and size of bucks they saw. From what I saw last year the bucks should be just as good or better this coming year. The size and number of mature bucks has been increasing with great fawn recruitment and moisture the past few years.

I had 4 other guys lined up this year with 11 pref pts each but unfortunately they have a conflict with another hunt. If this sounds interesting to you please pm me. I would be glad to send photos from past hunts and talk over details. This would be a great opportunity for trophy antelope on a very large ranch with literally no hunting pressure.

Trial153

WKR
So you need points to average on an application so you and your buddy can draw? Just asking because because it seems like you should just say that upfront. That doesn't make it a bad deal for the point holder at all however that is the deal and it should be stated.
If I had seven points I would definitely at least listen to the details to assess the opportunity alas I don't....
Good luck

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
Yep, we would be point averaging. It would be a great opportunity for all involved. For those that like to bowhunt I live close so can set up blinds well in advance of the season. Last year we all harvested great bucks in the 78 to 83 B&C range in 2 days. I'm sure there were likely even bigger bucks we may not have seen because we only hunted a fraction of the ranch. My buddy and I actually didn't hunt until everyone else tagged out. We were literally the only ones hunting the 150,000+ acre private ranch while we were there. The area is smack dab in the middle of some of the best B&C antelope country in the West. It also helps that we know the large ranch very well. It can be a challenge passing up lots and lots of bucks trying to judge and pick out a booner! I'm pretty good at judging bucks! It's an amazing hunt and experience! I would be glad to answer any questions.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
Thanks for the interest guys! Josey D, I sent you an email.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
I thought I would thank all of you that contacted me in regard to your interest in the Wyoming antelope hunt. I've had an overwhelming response. It's really great having access to hunting websites similar to this one where hunters can share their interest, offer tips, and help each other out! It looks like 2017 is full, I have committed to helping several guys/gal out. Thanks again to everyone that contacted me.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
Two of the guys that originally committed to join me on this year's trophy Wyoming antelope hunt have made other plans for this fall. If there is anyone that is interested in a great antelope hunt please contact me ASAP. I've had several guys interested but no one has committed.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
For those that struck out on Wyo elk....let me know if you'd like to do a trophy antelope hunt this year!

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
I've had an overwhelming response but most guys seem to be saying..."next year." Be sure to send me a PM if you are interested. I'd be glad to send pics from previous years.

Joe Schmo

Lil-Rokslider
So you need points to average on an application so you and your buddy can draw? Just asking because because it seems like you should just say that upfront. That doesn't make it a bad deal for the point holder at all however that is the deal and it should be stated.
If I had seven points I would definitely at least listen to the details to assess the opportunity alas I don't....
Good luck

Perhaps you should also be upfront that you are looking for someone with 7 points who wants to pay a $750 trespass fee for the hunt.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
Yes you need pref pts and there is a trespass fee. Sorry I didn't mention the trespass fee above. It is great spot for trophy antelope with little to no hunting pressure. I am a trophy antelope fanatic so it is definitely worth the price!

Greenhorn

FNG
Or you could just call Gene Carrico directly and apply for either 55/108 and go hunting with somebody you know and half the preference points.

OP
J

Jimss

WKR
Gene offers some great guided hunt opportunities. The last time I checked it cost $2,900. I know several other ranches as well!

NoWiser

WKR
$750 for a trespass fee for an antelope!!! Wow! With 7+ points you could shoot a nice antelope, blindfolded, for free in Wyoming!