Wyoming antelope winter-kill 2017

hawkhunts

FNG
How are things looking in the central region in regards to snow pack and winter kill? I was planning on using the 6 points both my son and i have, but I'm a little spooked by some of the reports on the potential for winter kill. Granted, most of the reports are focused on deer, but there has been some negative news in regards to antelope fawns. Will the adults make it through in decent shape in most of the areas?

I assume you mean Casper and around? If so I can tell you that they have been bunched up more than usual. The bad thing is our winter is far from over. We usually get the vast majority of our snowpack in march/April. If you were asking about the west side I would say you need to wait but you may be okay for the central/eastern side. I have some more traveling to do this week and can report back on what I see.

Jimss

WKR
It was a fairly dry fall and winter through around Christmas/New Years in most of Wyo. Some regions in Wyo had fairly deep snow around that time. The snow has been off and on since New Years in most locations...and fairly "localized". Right now it doesn't look too bad but depends a lot on what region you are talking about. There's still the wet months of March and April left so keep your fingers crossed. If it remains like it is there could be super bucks harvested this year in localized areas....where I've kept my eye on for years and am hoping to hunt!