WY Unit Access, help with a shortlist

Hi guys,

I'm planning a DIY hunt with 3-4 people with no preference points for Wyoming. We want to go this year so I'm looking at units with 100% no PP draw rate. I crossed those with their buck harvest success rates (instead of pooled) and came up with a short list. Looking at the general fish and game access map some of them look OK but I was wondering if I could get a local perspective on which ones are better than others. Or if there's another unit that's not quite 100% draw with no points but still very high I should be looking at. I would appreciate a PM with anybody willing to help so we don't blow up units right in the open.

Thanks guys,
Tim

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

jrburris2

FNG
Well that may help you narrow it down to with unit 25 being close to Casper that would have made driving each morning easier. If you camping units that would take a little hiking open up as you won't be having to retrace as many steps to get to spots you find that you like. Something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
Most units that have better draw odds generally are that way for a reason. Generally speaking the tougher units to draw have more public land to hunt. If you pick a unit with lots of private land it may be possible to head out to Wyo in the summer and pound on some doors....or you could possibly draw doe tags and try getting permission or hunt does on the small patches of public the first year as you figure things out? Units with only a small amount of public land with lots of private may have a higher concentration of hunting pressure on the few public patches that exist. They will likely be over run with hunters the first few weeks of the season. If the chunks are large enough you may be able to find antelope that stray onto those areas later in the season once hunting pressure is reduced. Obviously you won't have near the numbers and quality of bucks to look over as in units with lots of public land...but unfortunately those units usually take several preference points to draw. I enjoy hunting antelope as much as any other species....so get out there and give it a try!