Thread: Antelope

Post Thanks / Like

Antelope

Hey everyone antelope are one of my most favorite animals to hunt. I have hunted them 3 times all here in utah but I have yet to harvest and I am now on the waiting period yet again lol. My question is what is a good state to apply for archery? I don't want to rifle hunt just archery. I'm looking on a two to three year wait any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Montana 900 tag

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Wyoming is tops....Idaho has some guaranteed archery tags and Montana is easy to draw archery. I believe S Dakota is OTC archery as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live and hunt in SD every year, and tags for non residents are unlimited. We have some pretty good antelope hunting here but not nearly as good as Wyoming. We have numbers but not the trophy quality. So apply in Wyoming and hunt SW SD every year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Luck is a word average people use to validate their mediocrity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz34 View Post
    I live and hunt in SD every year, and tags for non residents are unlimited. We have some pretty good antelope hunting here but not nearly as good as Wyoming. We have numbers but not the trophy quality. So apply in Wyoming and hunt SW SD every year.

Does South Dakota have public ground to hunt on?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, I do it every year.

Luck is a word average people use to validate their mediocrity.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can hunt OTC antelope in quite a few Colo units every year. Wyo has more antelope than people! You can draw doe antelope tags in Wyo every year. There are lots of Wyo units that you can likely draw with few to 0 pref pts...but they may have lots of private land or lower quality bucks. Generally speaking, the tougher the units in Wyo to draw the more public land to hunt and "sometimes" higher quality bucks. Obviously you can hunt the very best Wyo units in a year after winterkill, drought, etc and quality may be lacking. Just because a unit takes close to max pref pts to draw doesn't necessarily mean there will be quality bucks in any given year. Quality and number of bucks available can change from year to year depending on quite a few factors. If you don't care about quality there are lots of options...and you can likely add on a doe tag (or 2).

8. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post