Wyoming Antelope - Doe

I will be heading to western Wyoming October 13-31 to hunt elk. I understand for non residents the application deadline is the end of this month. I am looking to hunt a doe. I've done some online scouting and looking at areas like 76, 114 or any you guys might suggest further west that would put me on them. I've never been out for antelope, only the past three years for elk and mule deer. I wanted to take a day or two and try. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FURMAN

WKR
Where will you be coming from? What route will you be taking? Some units will have reduced price doe tags after the draw. If I were you I would check more into that option. Units 23 and 17 amongst others used to have that option and I believe they still will.

OP
Y
I don't know my exact route yet driving from Vermont. I know I'll be hunting elk area 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Looks like you'll be traveling right through some of the best areas for antelope hunting. I would pick an area along your route and apply for doe in it. All NR have the same odds of drawing doe tags, no PP are needed. Some great areas with lots of public land along I-80 and the feeder highways. You could do your doe hunt along the way and have some camp meat when you get set up for elk or stop after the elk hunt and take a day or 2 for the doe.
East of the continental divide has had a milder winter so I would pick an area there, not closer to your western elk hunt.Look at the hunt planner interactive map, lots of info on that little link.