Antelope Decoy

Thumper

FNG
What is the best Antelope Decoy to use for Archery? and why?
What is the best Blind for Archery?

Thanks.
Ginny

NYSKIER

WKR
I can tell you that a lot of people will recommend the double bull blind, costly but better off buying a good blind that will last. There are a couple other decent ones out there but that's the top as far as I'm concern. For the decoy I'm not really sure just getting into antelope hunting looking to get a decoy myself. I was looking at the montana decoys they are pretty light and packable.

FURMAN

WKR
I have a Double Bull. It broke the first 5 times I ever used it. They sent me knew parts no questions but I would never purchase another. I also have never had luck with antelope decoys. When I used them the antelope would run away.

UtahJimmy

WKR
Check out Ultimate Predator Gear for a shoot through style decoy for archery. I picked one up this offseason for mule deer. Can't wait to use it in the fall. No need to stake it, leave it behind, or fuss with popping it up and holding it.

I bought a cheap Ameristep from Cabelas and it did the trick for the three weeks it was setup until I killed a deer out of it. Has sat on a shelf in the garage since. Not really my cup-o-tea but it did the job!

My father in law has a double bull and I've had to repair it every time we set it up. The hubs/pole system they use is garbage. Their CS is great though.

NYSKIER

WKR
Check out Ultimate Predator Gear for a shoot through style decoy for archery. I picked one up this offseason for mule deer. Can't wait to use it in the fall. No need to stake it, leave it behind, or fuss with popping it up and holding it.

I bought a cheap Ameristep from Cabelas and it did the trick for the three weeks it was setup until I killed a deer out of it. Has sat on a shelf in the garage since. Not really my cup-o-tea but it did the job!

My father in law has a double bull and I've had to repair it every time we set it up. The hubs/pole system they use is garbage. Their CS is great though.

A lot a people who I know use the double bull love them guess they got lucky. I've got an ameristep that's lasted for months during deer season I just thought I got lucky. You know of anyone who has used those ultimate predator gear shoot through decoys? I just did a quick search and didn't find to much

KJH

WKR
I use a Primos something or other... No complaints. I think most of them will get it done. Decoy- No idea... never used one.

My trick is that if you're going to sit a water spot dig a hole a head of time just bigger (18"-24" deep) than the blind and set the blind in it. Leave the top 2-3 feet above ground. Pile up some tumbleweeds and some yucca tops all around it... go stupid heavy piling up the tumble weeds. Leave it there for a week or two before the season and they won't think twice about it. You'll stay a bit cooler too while sitting there. Bring a cooler and a good book.

marktole

WKR
For decoys I'd look in to a Be The Decoy Antelope hat. It comes with a t-shirt that is "antelope colored," white on the belly and tan every where else. Seems silly at first glance, but it gives you hands free use of your rangefinder, binos, bow, etc. I hunted last season with a heads up decoy mounted to my bow and I don't know if I could've shot something at 20 yards with it on. Might as well have turned my bow into a sailboat with the wind on the days I was hunting.

Be the Decoy Antelope SpeedGoat Decoy Hat

My buddy had good experience with this last year, had two antelope come running in from 400+ yards to "challenge" him. There's also a Randy Newberg video on YouTube of him using it in New Mexico and his hunting partner has good results with it. I know not everyone will have that luck, but for me, the hands free thing is big.