Utah Parker mountain antelope archery scouting ideas for a quick trip

id450

WKR
I drew the NR Parker mountain antelope archery hunt and will be up the in salt lake this week visiting family. I'm thinking I'll have a day to escape and drive down to the unit flying check out the area, access and form a basic plan. I'd really appreciate any advice or area to steer clear of. Thank you.

I also drew the October buck hunt in fishlake. I hope to make it over there Also ? It could be a long day?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2/3 of the goats are on the southern 1/3 of the plateau before the quakies start. Take everything you need to put a blind up, it's the only real way to hunt them out there. Most of the two tracks will lead to water holes, if you're having a hard time finding holes farther from the road just look for the cattle. Then just find a hole with goat tracks around it. Fish lake is real close to the Parker. Not more than an hour from the outer part of the Parker to the top of the Fish lake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
I

id450

WKR
2/3 of the goats are on the southern 1/3 of the plateau before the quakies start. Take everything you need to put a blind up, it's the only real way to hunt them out there. Most of the two tracks will lead to water holes, if you're having a hard time finding holes farther from the road just look for the cattle. Then just find a hole with goat tracks around it. Fish lake is real close to the Parker. Not more than an hour from the outer part of the Parker to the top of the Fish lake.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey pathfinder,
Your assistance got me pointed in the right direction, thank u. I talked with the local warden, biologist and FS office In addition to my map research research, I think I'm gonna hunt the area to the south west near cyclone and pollywog and those draws then proceed east toward aquarious and boulder if it's slow. I'll have a blind but plan to SS in the aspens as my initial plan. The hunt has been going a few weeks with only 30 tags so hopefully the animals are not to skidish , more then normal. I tell you, it's been really fun leaning about this animal, I can't wait to see them, running away I'm sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk