Wyoming Antelope Area 1.... land access?

graham1

FNG
My dad and I have drawn a tag to hunt for antelope in Wyoming in area 1. This will be our first time hunting in Wyoming or for antelope, so we are looking for a nice place to hunt with a good chance to fill our tags. I am hoping for help with finding access to land. The public access looks a little light. I was originally told by a friend that the state provides a list of landowners that I could contact. However, after contacting the state I found out that they no longer provide this information. I would appreciate any help or suggestions that you could provide with planning this hunt. Thanks

mlucashr

FNG
Hunted it once by accident. Long story. We were in the southern part of the unit just north of keyhole reservoir. Little tougher country to hunt, a lot more broken up. It's some pretty country and very remote country IMO. There are people kicking around but not a lot of them. Saw a few antelope but the BLM will be fenced. Make sure you shut the mans gate on the way back thru and be polite. You'll have to hunt hard but you can fill an antelope tag anywhere in Wyoming. Get onyx maps and you'll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

graham1

FNG
Thanks for the reply and information. I have already ordered BLM maps. I appreciate your suggestion regarding the OnX maps and will pick up the Wyoming version. Due to most of the land being public in this area I would still like to try to obtain permission to some public land to give us more options. Thanks again.