Last minute WY hunt Unit 15

PA 5-0

WKR
Boys, enlisting some help. After shooting blanks on CO and IA bow tags, a friend called me last night about a WY mule deer/antelope hunt they are doing. No muley tags left for the areas around them but I did score a Unit 15 antelope tag last night. Sheridan area I believe. Looking for anyone with knowledge of this area. No secret coordinates, just maybe some general advice. Never hunted speed goats although I've seen tons on CO deer hunts. Never hunted WY. Leaving PA Oct 6, hunting the second week of Oct. Stoked to hunt a new state.

This hunt doable with a muzzleloader(200yd gun)?? Can you bow hunt on this rifle tag? High pressure area?? Any hike in areas?? Road spotting the norm?? Anything advice/info you can offer would be much appreciated. I need to cram for this half ass operation.

Thank you in advance. Dan

wyosteve

WKR
Generally the Sheridan area has mostly private land, so try to get permission in advance. There is a management area close to Buffalo. Yes, you can bow hunt on the rifle tag, but need to buy an archery license to go with it. I would call it a high pressure area as there are population centers, i.e. Sheridan and Buffalo close by. Road spotting is probably not the norm. It is somewhat hilly, so a muzzleloader could work, but I'd have a rifle along just in case. They had a fairly tough winter up there so am not sure how the critters were affected.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
You don't have to have an archery license to archery hunt during the regular rifle season. Only during the special archery season (Aug 15-Sep 30).

High pressure hunt. Lots of people from Casper go there as well but that doesn't mean you won't get an elk. Try to find where the elk are moving as during rifle they will constantly be moving. The areas near private "may" hold some elk. You will have a fun hunt.

High pressure hunt. Lots of people from Casper go there as well but that doesn't mean you won't get an elk. Try to find where the elk are moving as during rifle they will constantly be moving. The areas near private "may" hold some elk. You will have a fun hunt.

So do the antelope run with the elk around there? Haven't heard of that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do the antelope run with the elk around there? Haven't heard of that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup not sure what the heck I was thinking. To add there are some walk in areas thAt have had some good goats on them. But ironically I have seen the elk with antelope in that vicinity.