Taxidermist near casper.

bmf0713

WKR
Me and a couple friends are antelope hunting near casper this fall. Anyone have recommendations on a taxidermist in Casper? (Hopefully we will be lucky enough to kill something .) We're traveling out there from Iowa and would rather have a mount done out there so we don't have to try keeping it cool or travel with them. Also there isn't very many antelope in Iowa so I'd like to get a taxidermist that knows what they are doing. Thanks.

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted unit 25 last year and dropped mine off at Sundowner Taxidermy. I haven't received it back yet, and I may wait to pick up when I'm out there in Oct. again instead of paying to have it shipped. I'll let you know how it turns out if I get to see it before your hunt. From what I've asked around, I haven't heard anything bad about Sundowner. He was out hunting and I was able to drop my head and cape off to Pat's meat for him to pick up.

Prairie Wind was the one that was suggested to me as the top taxidermist. Unfortunately I am still awaiting a return phone call from last October :rolleyes:

• Banned
OP
bmf0713

bmf0713

WKR
Ok. Thanks. How much they getting for an antelope shoulder mount? And what's the cost to have it shipped?

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to remember around $600 for a shoulder mount. $300 down to start and then around $200 to ship.

Make the drive over to Laramie and leave them with Owl Ridge Taxidermy. Tate does top notch, show quality work.

Don't quote me on this but for two goats he may be willing and able to meet you somewhere halfway. Give him a call before heading west and he will get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
Make the drive over to Laramie and leave them with Owl Ridge Taxidermy. Tate does top notch, show quality work.

Don't quote me on this but for two goats he may be willing and able to meet you somewhere halfway. Give him a call before heading west and he will get you squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is his work really that good? I'm going to be looking for a taxi for a few mounts this year (hopefully) but have been planning to ship them to the Artistry of Wildlife but if the taxi here in Laramie is that good it would save me a ton of hassle and money!

wyosteve

WKR
WyoRob, Nature's Design in Cody is world class if you're looking for someone. He did my last bighorn lifesize 3 yrs. ago and it's awesome.

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
WyoRob, Nature's Design in Cody is world class if you're looking for someone. He did my last bighorn lifesize 3 yrs. ago and it's awesome.

Thanks, I am looking for the best. Taxidermy is art to me and it's not a place where I want to cut corners to save a few bucks.

wytx

WKR
Laramie has a few, but I would recc. Darroll Bennett. He is well know in Laramie and very respected.

Jimss

WKR
I know someone in Fort Collins, Colo that does an excellent job and won't rob your pocket book. He specializes in customized wall and pedestal mounts and does a great job on antelope. I often take a look at the form before he puts the cape on it (take it home and put it on the wall) to make sure it has the correct angle, etc. Once he puts the cape on the form I make sure the ears and everything are how I like it before it dries. If you have an excellent taxidermist that lives near you I would HIGHLY recommend sticking with them. They shouldn't have any problem mounting an antelope and you will save a hefty shipping bill! Finding a quality taxidermist that you trust can be insanely tough to find and it always pays to go with someone that has a great reputation. Many taxidermist may do an incredible job but they may have workers that they are training that may not have much experience do the work. Some may take 2 to 3 years to do your mount. Make sure you know all the details!

Exploding Pill in Casper did my antelope two years ago. I can't recall the price but the owners are great people. He did excellent work as far as I'm concerned. It was my first animal to have mounted, so I might not know what I'm looking at. Pm me if you want some up close pictures of his work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk