22-250 for antelope?

Yes the 53gr TSX works great, or partition. With that said it's not a 300 yard plus caliber.

Speed goats aren't overly hearty

My dad has a funny story of antelope with a 22-250. Its one of those hold my beers and watch this type things. LOL. It was early 80s before rangefinders or anything like that. They had a goat WAY out there probably 400-500 yards. Dad told his buddy watch this and shot. The goat dropped like a pile of rocks. My dads buddy asked him, "where did you hit him"and my dads response was "Right between the eyes" They walked up there and the bullet was right between his eyes. That said my dad admits he had no clue where the bullet hit he was just trying to hit the goat lol

topher89

WKR
Yes, but I think your range will be more limited than a mid-sized caliber like the 257 Roberts or 25-06

kcm2

WKR
It's legal in Wyoming, but only with a 60 gr or heavier bullet. I've killed two with a 22-250, worked well. First one was at 350 yds. Shot placement is everything.

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I used a 6.5 Creedmoor last year, and I think it's a bit of overkill for antelope. Maybe no such thing. But I made soup of both lungs and the bullet blew through and I saw the dirt splash way behind the buck. I've never seen an animal go down so hard and die so fast. It was a 130gr VLD Hunter.

I've seen a few deer taken with the fast .22s. With the right bullet, I think a 22-250 would work great at the correct range for pronghorn. They aren't hard to kill. Too close, and a light varmint type bullet moving that fast might blow up and not give a solid kill. See what velocity the heavier built bullet performs optimally. Shoot at that range.

topher89

WKR
It's legal in Wyoming, but only with a 60 gr or heavier bullet. I've killed two with a 22-250, worked well. First one was at 350 yds. Shot placement is everything.

Great point. Legal in Wyoming, illegal in Colorado and unsure about other Western states. Check your regs