SD antelope

sdcowboy

Lil-Rokslider
For the past few years when it has come to hunting my kids have always come first. Wether it be goats or deer no adults carried their rifle or bow until the kids were done. Finally my kids are adults and they decided that it was time for old dad to get a shot at a good goat for once. Tried to kill him many times with my bow but he had 25 does with him. A lot of eyes to get by. Had some close encounters but he always seemed to just keep out of range or his girls kept him safe. Opening weekend had me helping a friend with his archery elk tag in the black hills. No luck a lot of close calls and a lot of fun. My son finally talked me into skipping a little work on Wednesday and see if we could find him. A few hours of glassing and finally we located is herd and off to the races. A few problems with the cows and calves blowing our stalks, finally they moved out of the pasture with the cows and into some hills where we could crawl up on them. A short 325 yard shot and my biggest antelope was on the ground. 13 3/4 inches in length on both sides and 20 inches tip to tip. Still haven’t got to shoot a 15 inch antelope yet but I’ll take him any day and got to do it all with my son!!!5DAA95F9-FCEC-46BD-92FB-888647915D60.jpg
PHP:

2nasty4u

FNG
very cool buck, when they have wide spreads like yours they look way taller