Wy preference pt question

kda082

WKR
Looking to purchase a preference point for my son and self. Not sure when we'll use but figured a good option to keep open for the future. When I purchase the point do I also have to pay the application and license fees or is it just the youth and adult point fee? Appears to be 40-50 dollars for both unless there are other fees. Thanks

muddydogs

WKR
Also keep in mind that you have to purchase something from WY once every two years or you loose your points so don't think that you can purchase a point now and use it three years down the road as it will be gone. Not a big deal if you purchase a point every year.

OP
kda082

kda082

WKR
I thought so but making sure. Didn't want credit card statement shock if they take more than $40.

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Do youth points transfer to adulthood. I figure at $10 a point I could buy points for deer and elk for my son.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
Is there a minimum age before you can buy a youth point? My son is 9. I bought myself a point yesterday based on this thread but I was unable to find youth age requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wabowman

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a minimum age before you can buy a youth point? My son is 9. I bought myself a point yesterday based on this thread but I was unable to find youth age requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I remember right it's 11.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Scoot

WKR
I believe they have to be 12 during some point in a season for the animal you're applying for.

OP
kda082

kda082

WKR
plugging my sons bday in it gave the youth price. He just turned 16. I purchased us each a point last week.