Is there a place Hunters can find private Wyoming land owners?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
My family has hunted antelope and mule deer in Wyoming for decades but in the past few years a lot of our hunting and has dried up. Land owners have moved, started leasing their land, etc. and we are having a heck of a time finding a place to hunt Antelope next year. We have more than 2 preference points each for Antelope and Deer but can't seem to find a zone that we can hunt both in without access to private land.

It seems this will be our last year going to Wyoming as they are making it really difficult to plan an out of state hunt :(

Are there any places we can view land owners who would be willing to let us hunt for a modest trespass fee?

wyosteve

WKR
The Chamber of Commerce in Gillette used to keep a list like you want, but don't know if they still do. Would be worth a phone call. Similarly, contact Chambers in other counties and they might have the info or know where to look.

wytx

WKR
Chambers of commerce may have info but I have had great success calling folks not listed on any hunting list. Most are very nice and patient when I am asking. I like to call, mid morning. Sometimes get the wife while the rancher is out feeding cattle etc. I always assume she has some say and ask her if the family allows hunting. Most times she will give the cell number to call and ask the husband. Call before you apply don't wait til you have a tag in hand. I once locked up 12 miles of river bottom for a moose hunt just because I called before applying and they only allowed 1 moose hunter a year. Got the tag and got my moose. Call before applying then after you draw to verify your access. Game wardens also have some info about access.Landowner names are listed on county GIS landowner plat maps, then google contact info.

FURMAN

WKR
The chamber in Gillette no longer carries that list. Apparently too many land owners got tired of all the phone calls.

HONEYBADGER

Lil-Rokslider
Hunters are our own worst enemies. People are paying 3500 for guided antelope hunts now. Word gets out, land gets harder to come by as a result.

Efw

FNG
The chamber in Gillette no longer carries that list. Apparently too many land owners got tired of all the phone calls.

I used a list like this a few years ago and talked to one real person. I called early too; I think June? The one lady I talked to was very nice and said that they had hunters already signed up for that fall. No one else returned my calls. I can see where they’d get sick of that.

My experience is that an awful lot of big ranches have leased their hunting rights to outfitters. I’ve called while on the ground and had similar experiences but have had much better luck face to face with smaller land owners.

Good luck; the only wrong decision is not to go.

My family has hunted antelope and mule deer in Wyoming for decades but in the past few years a lot of our hunting and has dried up. Land owners have moved, started leasing their land, etc. and we are having a heck of a time finding a place to hunt Antelope next year. We have more than 2 preference points each for Antelope and Deer but can't seem to find a zone that we can hunt both in without access to private land.

It seems this will be our last year going to Wyoming as they are making it really difficult to plan an out of state hunt :(

Are there any places we can view land owners who would be willing to let us hunt for a modest trespass fee?

Shoot me a pm and I will try to help you out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk