Gonna burn pts this yr in Oregon

tioga

FNG
Thought I’d draw last year with 11 in a party with another but we didn’t.
What unit should I burn these points on. With tag creep not waiting for juniper, thinking beattys ML.
Where would you burn em?

Ron usually has the draw odds up on his website, but he appears to have taken them down in preparation for the 2018 season.

Any idea what it takes to draw Owyhee antelope? A friend of mine hunted it in 2016 and saw plenty of speed goats. Killed a nice one a few hours into opening morning, spent the rest of the time enjoying the unit and watching the herds.

I’m not sure how hard that unit was affected by the winter last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfslam

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think you'll draw West Beatty's or East Beatty's for that matter with 11 or 12 points. Do you both have 12 points this year? Like Jacob said Owyhee might be a choice or Whitehorse #2 and Warner #2. i'm waiting on Ron Wold's 2018 draw odds to be up and running before I burn my 18 points. Oregon is horrible with their antelope hunting opportunities.

WRO

WKR
I'm assuming your a resident..

Just be patient, they're a few pretty good tags with in a 2-3 year wait, you've waited this long, it seems pointless to piss them away on a shit unit now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
T

tioga

FNG
I will be applying for ML most likely, no archery hunts worth the points and rifle is non sense waiting that long.
well I figure use em up then I can get back to building for a decent archery or middle of the road Ml hunt.

Halfslam

Lil-Rokslider
tioga it's to bad ODFW has their muzzle loader hunts AFTER the rifle hunt. They should have the ML hunt before the rifle hunt IMO, but that's Oregon for ya.

OP
T

tioga

FNG
Yeah I know.. the good archery hunt used to be in the rut but moved it, across the road to the north east there is no archery hunt, to the west across the other road they have seasons for all weapons.. makes no sense to me