Nebraska Antelope

Stohs57

FNG
Knock on wood, a buddy and I should draw a couple of rifle antelope tags this year in the Banner South unit (south west panhandle, south of I-80). I’m just curious if anyone on here has had experience hunting this unit. My buddy has bow hunted this unit, but we all know things change after the rut. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! The only antelope hunting experience I have has been bow hunting early season up in the Oglala Grasslands, which is considerably different terrain than what’s in Banner South. Banner South appears to be flat as a pancake lol. Also if anyone has any mule deer hunting experience here, I’d be willing to listen to their successes or tips too! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwurdeman

FNG
I do not know exactly how the rifle draw works, but are you set on that unit? I ask because I have seen/had better success in the more northern regions of I-80.

OP
Stohs57

Stohs57

FNG
I do not know exactly how the rifle draw works, but are you set on that unit? I ask because I have seen/had better success in the more northern regions of I-80.

Ya I am set in this unit. We’ve got access to about 11,000 acres of private ground to hunt on. I’ve had decent luck in the grasslands up north, but never did punch a tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSKIER

WKR
Not much public out there I was there last year. I'd say for lopes your best bet would be to try and get some private access