Wyoming Unit 20

OKhunter

FNG
Looking at doing some antelope hunting next year. I have been building points for a few years and looking at going with a few people with 0 points, so I was looking at a tag you could get with a second choice. Unit 20 intrigues me and was wondering what others thought. I know that it is mostly private though it looks like I can access the large BLM land between Barnum and Mayoworth. I am assuming that the roads would be pretty heavily hunted but I am thinking if I hike a couple miles off the road I would be alone. Can anyone confirm this? I would be happy to have a conversation through pm. Thanks in advance

OP
O

OKhunter

FNG
Efw that is the same map I was using and wanted to make sure that it was easy.

Efw

FNG
Efw that is the same map I was using and wanted to make sure that it was easy.

County roads will be labeled “CR”. Others are private and access isn’t public. I use the Greenwood Maps as a reliable reference source but once I have a game plan call the warden and verify it’s legit. I’d rather clear up uncertainty on this side of the draw than on the other...

Good luck!

heatstroke18

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to fire this back up. Im looking to put in for an antelope tag for 2020. My dates to hunt are going to be limited to early to mid November, which limits my units. but unit 20 looks like it goes into mid November. Did you have an success, any advise. feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post anything here. Not looking for exact spots, just how you found legal road access to BLM or State land and if you found antelope there.

I ususlly hunt 22 on a leftover tag as saving points last year didn't get drawn. it was madhouse first couple days archery was ghost town of people but hiked a bit and used onx and ended up filling all of our tags. 2 bucks and 2 does by day 4

manitou1

WKR
I have hunted 20 several times but do not now. It has become a zoo. What few accesses available are covered up with people... on foot and vehicular. I know that area well... my wife grew up there and we have been going there for 23 years.
Keep in mind that pronghorns are shedding their horns beginning early November, so if your after horns you might try and come out earlier.

Like others have posted, sure you could probably fill your tags in 20 but it isn't going to be a fun hunt with the amount of other hunters pounding the limited access public. Going back maybe 5 or so years ago it wasn't as bad, shoot you could still grad some tags even into the season, but these days units like this are others fall back option so it sells out now. The unit does hold a decent amount of antelope - but they get hammered! And going late your going to be hunting antelope that have been hunted hard, plus you can run into some really nasty weather that will make things even tougher for you to even get around.

heatstroke18

Lil-Rokslider
I should probably mention that I will be there in a elk hunting anyways, and was going to add a antelope tag into my pocket. Might just even do a limited doe tag if that’s the case and not be picky looking for a bucks that hasn’t shed antlers yet.

Zaccav505

FNG
I know I am late to the party, but I hunted unit 20 this year. Got a nice buck about an hour after sunrise that some other hunters had spooked. got a good shot at 306 yards. lots of pressure but if you are up for a hike you can still get a buck on the ground.20221015_081635.jpg