Wyoming Unit 9

Trying to do my homework on a handful of units for this coming fall. Was looking at unit 9 and all the walk in areas. Does anyone have experience with these areas or this unit in general? Easily accessible? Thanks again for all the input.

Efw

FNG
Visited in 15 & had a nice time but walk in was empty and state along 270 was more mule deer habitat than pronghorn. We had best luck driving in circles looking on small overlooked chunks. WIAs were so small that lopes were run off fast.

FURMAN

WKR
What are you looking for in a hunt? Do you have points? What made you look at 9?

OP
R
I'm looking for opportunity. This will be my first trip out west. Just trying to get feedback on a few units that I had picked out and seems like it might be a possibility to draw with zero points. It's all new to me.

FURMAN

WKR
I would strongly recommend going the special route. I’d look at unit 76 if it were me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bulldawg

WKR
It's a tough unit, you can see they give out a ton of tags. There is a lot of walk in area's and some large chunks of contiguous state land, but a lot fo those have usually be pretty void of antelope. Getting out there and walking over the next hill off the road never seems to work either haha. It's a weird unit in my mind, antelope get real skiddish after opening day, like the second day of season is drastically different than the first. It's changed in the last few years in my mind, places I used to see large herds later in the season have been completely void. There are also some area's that seem like you can get to but it's actually land locked and inaccessible, like a few thousand acres of good country.

But with all that said, there's antelope there and if you hunt you can kill some.

Sturgeon

WKR
I hunted this unit last year starting 10/13 and we didn't see a lot of antelope on public land. We only ended up filling one of our 4 tags, but should have had another doe. We did a lot of driving and a lot of walking everyday and it was tough. We talked to a rancher that had said most of the antelope has already been chased off the WIAs. Next time I go out I will be looking at other units first.