Wyoming unit 63

ssliger

WKR
Is there any muzzle loader specific hunts that are easier to draw? We are all pretty serious muzzleloader hunters

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Area 50,99,107 are the only units with muzzleloader specific hunts. Type 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuzzH

WKR
You can do that on a second choice tag. That is my point. Why spend 3 points? There are B&C bucks in better than half the units in the state. The problem is how many, how many other hunters, how much public land?

I think rolling your points every 3 years is a good idea. If you watch the trends in the pronghorn populations, you can put yourself in a good unit with 1-3 points most years. The number of units that you can actually draw on a second choice that are decent is largely drying up. Its turning into a first choice game if you want to hunt for sure. I think its even a better idea to only collect a point or two at most and hunt every year or every other year.

I drew this unit on a third choice last year as a Resident and shot this buck:

0928171511a_11.jpg

A friend from Arizona drew the same area as a NR last year, his 14th in a row. He likes to hunt and not collect points...cant blame him for that.

1001171757b_11.jpg

Both bucks in my garage:

1002171711b.jpg

OP
andyfier

andyfier

FNG
I think rolling your points every 3 years is a good idea. If you watch the trends in the pronghorn populations, you can put yourself in a good unit with 1-3 points most years. The number of units that you can actually draw on a second choice that are decent is largely drying up. Its turning into a first choice game if you want to hunt for sure. I think its even a better idea to only collect a point or two at most and hunt every year or every other year.

I drew this unit on a third choice last year as a Resident and shot this buck:

0928171511a_11.jpg

A friend from Arizona drew the same area as a NR last year, his 14th in a row. He likes to hunt and not collect points...cant blame him for that.

1001171757b_11.jpg

Both bucks in my garage:

1002171711b.jpg
Wow. Great bucks. Yeah as far as I can see for second choice units, you better have some private ground to hunt on. 3 points is hard enough to save. I want to hunt now!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Efw

FNG
The only wrong choice is to not go. If faced with the choice between hunting a second choice area or stay home I’ll go second choice all day long.

Actually I’ll get doe tags... 2 does and tent camping is less than $300 for me and always awesome.

That having been said, Buzz knows his stuff is cash in.