To burn or not to burn? WY 12 pts

Efw

FNG
If I could hunt this year I’d burn for sure, but before I crafted an ap I’d know how many points I had.

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
Folks...I’ll check into my points when I get a free moment. We’re getting off topic. I have been applying solo since 2006. It’s possible I missed a few years but I’m certain I have more than 8 pts. Please offer some solid advice for alternative units to hunt. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you missed 2 consecutive years at any time you lost all your points.

OP
danmayland
haha. not putting that out on here. We'll have to wait and see how it measures out.

Then why even mention it if your not willing to share information. Your just a troll.

204guy

WKR
Dan I'm not sure why you're getting all pissy. These guys are trying to help you. You said you had 11 points and applied in 114. It's a provable fact looking at WY draw odds that that didn't happen for whatever reason. Why don't you use whatever electronic device you posting to rokslide with to look up how many points you actually have. All you need is you name and your zip I think. The link is even posted for you. That would be a good starting point.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
204, that would actually require he do something.
You'll notice there's no time to get/provide accurate info but plenty of time to post on the forum asking for a hand out.

OP
danmayland
I logged into the WG&F tonight. I have 10 points going into this years draw. Sorry for the mistake and confusion.

wytx

WKR
Yep just a troll, just ask all those folks I have given info to.
I was hinting that a pm would get you that info , but good luck to you.

OP
danmayland
204, that would actually require he do something.
You'll notice there's no time to get/provide accurate info but plenty of time to post on the forum asking for a hand out.

I’m very surprised at the childish behavior of these posts. You’ve no idea what’s going on in my life and therefore have no right to pass judgement. I said I would post it when I had time to look it up and I did.

It’s amazing how judgmental and narcissistic people get on these forums. May I remind you these forums were created be informative places where people could gather, discuss and inform.

If you have some insightful, informative information to offer then please by all means share. If you don’t, then please piss off. Your personal unfounded opinions are are not necessary nor are they warranted.

This post is so far of track its not even worth the time to respond. Not one person has even addressed my original post.

I apologized for not checking my exact point total before starting the thread.

bobhunts

WKR
I probably would have called and found out what is going on before posting on here or any other hunting site. Brutal bunch of guys. Really no one is gonna share there unit but you can look it up on the net if you are a member of Pope and young or Boone and Crocket. It will even give you more info than you can imagine. Gets you the inches and what county they were taken in. Join and it will open your eyes. You can see the trends over the years and make a solid decision from there. Good luck on your hunt!

Efw

FNG
Seems to me people have done a good job answering your initial question. First they pointed out that with the points you have you ought to have gotten the tag you want. That tells me that no, you needn’t give up if that’s the unit you want.

They also posted up results from last year which not only support the assertion above but also tells me you have more points than necessary for that unit and could get a better one.

Based upon all of that I said I’d cash in this year but I’d make sure I knew how many points I really had so I could fill out an ap I knew would get me a tag.

A whole lot of answers here to your questions. Maybe they aren’t the answers you wanted, or maybe not presented in the way you expected, but they’re there.

Take the good stuff and leave the rest. Life is too short for wasting time with internet drama.

wytx

WKR
So you realize your posts were childish too I take it.
I would have sent you some solid info on where to get a chance at a true trophy but since I'm just a troll good luck.
Tried to save your drawing odds by not posting where the new state record was taken but you couldn't see that reasoning.
What did you expect , I offered help and got ridicule.
Hope you draw a decent area .

OP
danmayland
I probably would have called and found out what is going on before posting on here or any other hunting site. Brutal bunch of guys. Really no one is gonna share there unit but you can look it up on the net if you are a member of Pope and young or Boone and Crocket. It will even give you more info than you can imagine. Gets you the inches and what county they were taken in. Join and it will open your eyes. You can see the trends over the years and make a solid decision from there. Good luck on your hunt!

Yes, you’re correct. I should have had my points squared away before posting but certain life events and work have been overwhelming in the last year and a half and I haven’t had the time to research as much as usual. I am a member and have several animals in both PY and BC. I’ve done a ton of research in past years. I was more-or-less looking for solid advice about jumping ship to a different unit or not. The red desert units always produce quality animals but those are also the areas that I have the least experience with.