In for Wyoming Antelope unit 88 - feedback needed

270quest

WKR
I decided to cash in my points and this tag should be a 100 percent for me this year. I am coming from Boise and wanted to try to stay on the western part of the state.

Any tips, recommendations for hunting, camping areas, towns, ect. for this unit? I am not looking for booner buck, just a good mature mid 70's goat would be fine. Like to see a bunch of antelope as I will bring my 10 year old son along and would like him to witness a bunch of animals.

The maps I have looked at show a good mix maybe 50% - of public land. Any issues on access or even any general areas to check out? Any willing landowners to allow access?

Appreciate any help. I am going DIY on this hunt. I hunted a couple years ago near Casper with SNS outfitters and it was a good hunt, but I just can't get use to hunting with a guide - need to do it on my own.

Thanks
Adam

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
What other units should I look at? I just want a decent unit to hunt in central/western wyoming that has good public land and some decent goats. Maybe 89, try for 93 or 90?

I have 3 points, but paid for the special tag and a bonus point so I guess going in I will have 4 points and the special draw?

I logged into the fish and game website and it will allow me to change my unit - just need to know which one?

Thanks
Adam

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What other units should I look at? I just want a decent unit to hunt in central/western wyoming that has good public land and some decent goats. Maybe 89, try for 93 or 90?

I have 3 points, but paid for the special tag and a bonus point so I guess going in I will have 4 points and the special draw?

I logged into the fish and game website and it will allow me to change my unit - just need to know which one?

Thanks
Adam
You don't get a point until after the drawing if your unsuccessful. You better check how many points you currently have that is the number you enter the draw with

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I used to hunt 90 alot but its gone down hill quite a bit, tons of country and plenty of goats though.
89 is good too, way more blm and animals than 88 for sure

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I appreciate all the advise. I switched my application to unit 90. I may not draw it this year with 3 points in the special but I will take my chances as it seems to be a better unit as far as animals and access.