Wyoming 2017

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Killed my third Wyoming Antelope last fall on a hunt with my dad. We got to spend a few hours sight seeing some elk country on our last day. I hate starting to build points all over again, the influx in antelope point holders is scary for Wyoming. I guess the good part is I have a lot of hunt plans to fill in the point banking time.

Attachments

• 20171014_172151.jpg
    20171014_172151.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 20171017_082909.jpg
    20171017_082909.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 182
OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I spotted the buck in the morning and found him later that day after a short mini blizzard. Not much accumulation but it snowed sideways for a few hours. He was on a big flat with about 150 other antelope in small groups. Stalk was a mile from the truck and I packed him out in one trip a mile straight to the truck.

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
Nice goat.
Im one of those point holders but no idea what im saving them for yet. Building points in ND as well hoping to hunt for them some day. Just cant get away from elk hunting yet so Ill just keep building points.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
Nice goat.
Im one of those point holders but no idea what im saving them for yet. Building points in ND as well hoping to hunt for them some day. Just cant get away from elk hunting yet so Ill just keep building points.

I wasn't pointing any fingers. But I did notice that last two years the guys jumping in Wyoming Antelope points has exploded. The good ole days may be over if this keeps up.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
There was over 20,000 applicants with one point going into 2018. That's seems lime a ton to me.

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
I wasn't pointing any fingers. But I did notice that last two years the guys jumping in Wyoming Antelope points has exploded. The good ole days may be over if this keeps up.

Certainly didnt take it that way. It does seem that way in every category across the board. Im sitting at 4 points and ive been told its more than enough to have a really good hunt in Wyoming. Never hunted them, no interest yet in a solo hunt, getting away from elk and mule deer hunting in September.... Basically just building away for a time to split them with someone or find a group to go with.

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I understand point banking. I'm sitting on 10 deer points in Wyoming but I'm not sure where to use the. Now and my four year plan doesn't look like I'm gonna deer hunt in wypming because of other hunts. So I'm basically gonna be around 15 deer points before I start thinking about using them. Time goes fast. I have been noticing some point creep in Wyoming Antelope tags. Some was probably do to reduced tags. But man the last two years the increase in nonresident antelope point holders seems ridiculous. It may take me a good while to build enough points to hunt a decent public land unit.

I'm starting to build points this year while I explore some other places, but I had so much fun last year in my zero-point unit. I really don't understand holding out for a 10-point antelope tag, but maybe that's my lack of experience showing.

Edit: what a cool-looking buck!

OP
KINGSNAKE

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I'm starting to build points this year while I explore some other places, but I had so much fun last year in my zero-point unit. I really don't understand holding out for a 10-point antelope tag, but maybe that's my lack of experience showing.

Edit: what a cool-looking buck!
The most antelope points I have used is 5. So I can't say about saving ten points. The reason I build antelope points is to hunt units with good bucks and lots of public land.