opinion of Western Wyomings units 81,82,84,86,87,88

Kimbersig

WKR
my buddy and I are wanting to hunt antelope this year and neither of us have hunted wyoming. we each have two points and are fine with the special tags. We both hope to draw some doe tags to get the freezers stocked back up. Growing up in NM and now in Idaho i'm more used to public land and not having to worry as much about private land issues. hence the units i included in the title. i know we can draw a lot of other units in the special with 2 points further east as well that have HMA's and walk in areas too. my main question is about potential for good bucks (mid 70's or bigger). would finding a couple bucks that fit that be reasonable if we put in the time or do we need to readjust our expectations or look east or suck it up and wait another year or two to hunt wyoming. I know Wyoming had a bad winter like we did in Idaho last winter but it didn't seem to hurt our antelope like it did deer. didn't know if it was the same for Wyoming or not?

Thanks and if anyone has any questions about NM or ID i'm happy to help share what i know.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
I live in 87 and near 86 & 88. You have some lofty goals to be finding bucks in the caliber your looking for and depending on the time of year, a lot of the goats are on heavily private areas until they migrate off but that varies from year to year depending on weather. East of the divide has the biggest goats, though I don't know a thing about the other 3 areas your looking at. All the areas around where I live took a hit in tag numbers last year 'cause of the winter and I'd expect those would probably hold this year too. So....IMO....suck it up and look to the central part of the state.

OP
K

Kimbersig

WKR
Thanks! that's kinda what I was expecting just needed confirmation. We will either readjust our expectations or look east or wait another year.