Wyo with 4 PP

Probably going to burn my 4 points this year in Wyo. Don't really want to go special, what would you do? I am not concerned with killing a giant goat, just want to have a fun hunt with my kids. Thanks for any input, feel free to DM if you'd rather. Thanks.

wytx

WKR
Where are you coming from and any preference on which side of the state ? With 4 PP you're most llkey to draw a tag on eastern, central part of state or over near Cody

PM sent

Conroy

WKR
The easiest way is to look at the draw odds section of the Wyoming G&F website for last years draw odds. Pick all of the units that had 100% draw odds last year with 4 points. After that you go to the interactive map on the hunt planner and look at those units in more detail. You will see roads, closeness to towns, type of land ownership, terrain, etc. This should help you narrow down your choices quite a bit.

ericF

WKR
I'm not sure that is a guarantee anymore with the price increases. I was looking at either unit 48 or 46 (can't remember which one) which had consistently been a four point unit, but last year there was a pretty good spike in the number of people applying which I am guessing was due to the price increase. I think alot of people tried to get in before, or are going to burn their points soon. This is messing up the statistics a little bit.

OP
dguthrie85
Thanks for the info everyone. Coming from southern Id, so trying to stay somewhat close but another couple hours probably isn't that bad of an idea for a better hunt.

mixed bag

FNG
Take a look at unit 73 or 74 outside of Casper.I'm not sure points needed now,but when I deer hunted unit 34 I saw a monster antelope.Biggest I've ever laid eyes on.Its pretty country and has plenty of good size antrlope.Couple years ago you could draw it with 4 pts