Nm unit 59 antelope

swampokie

WKR
Finally drew a nm rifle antelope tag. Was assigned to the fluhman ranch near mills nm. Curious if anyone has hunted it or has any experience with hunting goats in the area?

Fitzwho

WKR
Swampokie, have you got your A-PLUS pamphlet yet? What sort of acreage are you dealing with? My ranch ended up being almost 8,500 acres. Have you delineated your boundaries on google earth or OnX yet? I’ve got mine marked off and waypointed just about every possible water hole on the property.

I don’t know how easy it will be to find somebody that has hunted the same ranch. Since there may only be a few tags per year for that ranch, or it could even be the first season that the property is in the program.

OP
S

swampokie

WKR
I received a map and a congratulatory letter. The total acreage is around 18500 I think. I have not even looked at google earth yet.

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry I hadn't seen this and replied earlier. That ranch is just north of me. IM me and I'll tell you what I can.

bbarnesnm

FNG
Sorry to awaken a post from back in May (new here, forgive me), but I'll be hunting on public draw tag on a different ranch just down the way (I think a few sections to the SE) from Swampokie. Best of luck to you!

Will be my first time in the area as well. Would love to hear any advice/intel you've gleaned on the area. I've been trying to keep expectations in check all year, but the past few days I can't stop dreaming of big bucks in tall green grass.

According to Western Regional Climate Center (Recent Climate Anomaly Maps and Tables), looks like it's been a pretty dry/hot year in that part of the world. Hoping that doesn't throw a wrench in what I'm hoping is otherwise a good public draw opportunity. Lots of rain the past few weeks in other parts of the state, so hopefully the ranches have been getting some too.

Happy hunting!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been active in here in a while. I started a new job in Montana and have been extremely busy with that, moving, and fishing every chance I can!
I'll go clean my inbox now..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk