Montana 900-20 tag

Hi guys ,

New to the forums here. My good buddy and I put in for the NR 900-20 tag and are planning on coming down from Saskatchewan if we get pulled, which sounds almost like a gauarantee, at the end of August or beginning of September.

I was wondering If anyone has any info on antelope populations around the Malta, Glasgow area? How was the winter? Etc.

Thanks for any info.

Chris.

S.Clancy

WKR
They're ok. They've recovered some from the winters of 2010-2011 but numbers are still below pre 2010 levels. That said, you will be able to find goats, there's tons of BLM land in south Phillips and Valley counties that hold em. All you need is a pickup and some gas. Archery season you may even be able to knock on some doors and be successful.

OP
C
They're ok. They've recovered some from the winters of 2010-2011 but numbers are still below pre 2010 levels. That said, you will be able to find goats, there's tons of BLM land in south Phillips and Valley counties that hold em. All you need is a pickup and some gas. Archery season you may even be able to knock on some doors and be successful.

Thanks for the info! I am slightly excited about the possibility of hunting them with a bow.