Tag in wrong unit

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
After waiting years to draw my coveted antelope tags in Wyoming, I was excited to see I was successful this year. Turns out it was a second choice then I was horrified to see it was in a unit I must have entered incorrectly. Not a hunt I want to invest s t in and had never applied for in since putting in for draw. Question is does Wyoming have a process to return tag like Colorado has. I've tried I ed calling them but phone line is always busy.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
Your second choice doesn't use any preference points. I'd just go hunt the tag.

OP

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
The unit I drew appears to be very marginal for decent antelope. Over 500 buck tags and 500 doe tags. Not a $600.00 hunt

The unit I drew appears to be very marginal for decent antelope. Over 500 buck tags and 500 doe tags. Not a $600.00 hunt

I say go regardless, if I've learned anything it's that you never know what you can take away from a hunt unless you actually go and do it. Some of the less desirable tags/hunts I've had have turned into the most special and memorable hunts I've been on in my life and in hind sight they were worth much more than the price of admission.

My $0.02

Looks like I bought an antelope tag in unit 21

That can easily be a very fun hunt! Do a little homework, make some calls, go in confident, no doubt you'll have an enjoyable hunt! Dude, you're settin' good, you get to keep your points and still chase em, just remember to have fun!

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
You can’t return the tag but I say, get out there have fun and bag yourself a beautiful goat!

Piles of public land with access. I'm jealous.
You sure about that? Sure it has public land on the western side of the unit, which is more mule deer area than antelope. I've hunted area 21 two years in a row. The OP can send me a PM and I'll help all I can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Russp17

WKR

There are nice antelope in every unit in Wyoming. I shot an 82 in a non desirable unit growing up... I would hunt it.

Fatcamp

WKR
You sure about that? Sure it has public land on the western side of the unit, which is more mule deer area than antelope. I've hunted area 21 two years in a row. The OP can send me a PM and I'll help all I can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sure looks like it to me. But my glass is always half full.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
That’s a bummer but I’d go anyways, you might be suprised. Maybe not, but it will be better than not hunting.